Xtratime Community banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Saying that the NT is built around Zé Roberto is as clever as saying that Cruzeiro last year was built around Wendell.

Alex and Ronaldinho were very sucessful together with two forwards ahead of them, yeah, Brazil Olympic Games in Sidney was the most sucessful tournament in Brazilian football history. Alex played great football, alright :rolleyes:

Anyway, they can play together, as long as there's only one striker ahead of them. With two strikers we would have no plays in the sides, no marking, no team. Just a bunch of talented individuals trying plays on the middle without any room to do it.

About Dedê, he's a very good player. The only brazilian left-back better than him is Roberto Carlos. Fabio Aurélio is also very good.

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Though i can't rate any other brazilian left sided/left back players except Roberto Carlos, i agree to what Ronaldo2001 wrote.
Dede owns fine technical skills. In addition to that, he is a real team player who isn't complaining when he has to do the dirty work for his teammates who are playing further upfront.
Nevertheless he surely needs time to adapt to the selecao, i won't count him out after a single bad performance.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Ronaldo2001 said:
I disagree, Dedes ball-handling is class - I've seen pieces of futebol arte during his years in Germany - and last but not least he defends well which can't be said about the great R.Carlos for instance.

If there are better players (except R.Carlos) who are also good on current form please name them.
I consider Fabio Aurelio a better player, but he's injured. So I guess Dede is the best option right now.

And if Junior has any brain at all he'll sign for Sao Paulo immediately. Playing in the domestic league (preferably in the Rio/SP axis) is his only hope of staying in the NT squad, not to mention that it beats playing in Siena. But the truth is that Junior's time with the Seleçao is past, he won't be in Germany in 2006 (unless he buys tickets to watch the games).

·
Administrator
30,028 Posts
Players who play in Brazil appear more than the ones who go out of the country. Just look at Felipe, for example.
You mean players who play for flamengo, dont you ? :D
There is a difference for the media the players here appears more but Parreira clearly give more vallue to european basead players. The whole experience he claims to be necessary seems to the be the experience of been playing in europe. Bordon or Juan over Alex is a good example of that. His preference for Adriano over Luis Fabiano as well. And the way he ignores Alex (I never said 2 centerfowards, there is no centerfoward for Brazil that can level with Ronaldo) is also.

If they were still playing in Brazil, especially in a Rio-SP team, they would have been in the NT earlier, I guess.
Cmom, Leo is not called never. He does not like Mancine and you know that Parreira does not like changes.

Another thing is, you may build a good team without many "foreigners".
No, we can not build this team. It would be lacking a lot. The majority of power must come from the europe. In the end it must be called the best possible, no matter what they play. Parreira is calling a majority of best possible, but a few names are not in the this logic.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
JCamilo:

What can Parreira do if the players in Europe are better than the ones here?

Bordon and Juan over Alex is just a preference. It doesn't mean it's just because they play in Europe. He didn't call Luisão and Polga either, and at least the last is doing great in the Portuguese league.

About Adriano x Luis Fabiano, well, we didn't see who he prefers. He never said he likes Adriano better. Let's wait and see who he chooses. I'd pick Adriano, simply because I consider him a better player.

Same about Kaká x Alex, Kaká was called by Parreira when he was in São Paulo and Alex was not. He simply prefers Kaká, that's all.

Léo? If the problem with Léo was that he played in Brazil, Parreira wouldn't have called Leandro and Athirson, players of the same position. I also think Léo simply isn't good enough, we have better players and he's kind of old.

No, we can not build this team. It would be lacking a lot. The majority of power must come from the europe. In the end it must be called the best possible, no matter what they play. Parreira is calling a majority of best possible, but a few names are not in the this logic.
I didn't say we could build a great team, but a good one. Just look and tell me if it isn't good: Marcos, Cicinho, Cris, Alex, Leandro; Fabinho, Renato, Gilberto, Alex; Robinho and Luís Fabiano.

And players like Diego, Elano, Vagner Love, Jussiê as subs.

·
Registered
100 Posts
brazil vs hungary
brazil fans all around the world are hungry of victories
the hungry fans will be even more hungry if the hungary match ends 0-0
the hungry fans will eat crap a$$hole pokeirra:fero:

·
Administrator
30,028 Posts
Parreira does not stop to suggest that the european players experience does count. And he is also always more tendencious over Adriano.

Now: Bordon over Alex is not a preference. It is just picking a player that is sucessful in germany for one that is in Brazil. He also is full of names called even in the bench of european teams. And in 1994, despite Sao Paulo and Palmeiras here in brazil he always gave preference for players coming from europe.

He called kaka because kaka come from the 2002 group and kept calling him. He does not like Alex for many reasons, i do not know which one.

Leandro was called when he could only call players from Brazil - not news that this time he called Dede and left Leandro out. He does have a preference, a face vallue for the european experience.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Even if Parreira likes Adriano better, does it really means he prefer "European" players? Because I prefer Adriano over Luís Fabiano, and it doesn't mean I overrate players who play out of the country and do not give value to the ones who are here.

Same thing about Cruzeiro's Alex. I like him, but I prefer Ronaldinho and Kaká even when they played in Brazil. Can you also assume that I give preference to European players because of that? Or worse, that I don't like Alex?

Parreira may not like Santos' Alex for some reason. But it's not because he plays in Brazil. He called Luizão when he was here and when he went to Benfica he didn't call him anymore. Why is that?

He does value the WC2002 players a lot, keeping Roque Junior in the squad among other things. But he does not value European players more than South Americans IMO. The only example of a European player that wasn't in the Penta, was called by him and is worse than what we have here is Bordon, and it can be a simple matter of view, not tendence. It's just one example.

·
Administrator
30,028 Posts
do not forget Juan, in some way, Emerson.

But lets put this way, It is right, Parreira have a preference. He is have a european way of thinking, then he does give vallue to european based players. You wont discuss his philosophy of work is european-like wise ?
This reflect in the call of players of course, for it is a matter o ideology. It is not crime, but I think this tendencies are just wrong.

As for you, You prefer Henry over Ronaldo. You are so european that you probally do not even say "uai" :D ;)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
JCamilo said:
do not forget Juan, in some way, Emerson.
Oh come ON now, JC – Juan has been part of various youth National Teams for years before moving to Germany. He's also currently doing well in his team, so why NOT call him? Just because he doesn't play here? Isn't that an unfair preference as well?

And Emerson has been called regularly by three or four NT coaches before Parreira, do they all have a preference for Euro football as well? :rolleyes: ;)

·
Administrator
30,028 Posts
Some did. Despite being in better shape it was only a injury that Make Gilberto Silva play for example. Not a coach preference.

But Juan is having a good season so far, Alex as example, is in his 3th. It is unexplained how Juan and Bordon have the preference over Alex other than the so called - and it is the only justification of Parreira, lets remember - experience. Being in numerous youth teams means too little. No one is calling Alvaro by now, are them ? And Juan have been always called despite very little show expect playing for Flamengo and being a Robin for Gamarra. If we could not call Gamarra, calling him was not wise.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I like this call-up. A few players will be given the chance to show that they are capable of wearing our yellow shirt. I personally have always been a fan of Juan as he's impressed me several times before, he seems like a solid defender and definately less prone to mistakes then Roque Junior.

Emerson? Nothing special in my book. A good back-up at this point since Kleberson hasn't been playing for Man Utd. Gilberto Silva had a wonderful match yesterday and I'd like to see him and Renato start at DM's vs Hungary.

Once again, it would be interesting to see what formation we use. Whatever it is, I insist that Ronaldinho should not be a support striker but put back to that attacking midfielder position. He's useless as a forward and is better going up instead of his back to the defender if you know what I mean. If we use 2 forwards, we should just take Kaka out and use Ronaldo-(Adriano/Luis Fabiano).

It's nice to see ROnaldo not called up. Not only isn't he fit, but he was pathetic and lazy vs Paraguay. Can't wait to see what Parreira decides to use, but I pray that Ronnie isn't a striker again. :stress:

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Is this supposed to be funny? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Roberto Gallo said:
Saying that the NT is built around Zé Roberto is as clever as saying that Cruzeiro last year was bsouilt around Wendell.

About Dedê, he's a very good player. The only brazilian left-back better than him is Roberto Carlos. Fabio Aurélio is also very good.
ze roberto is a very important and key player for parreira. i didn't say so parreira did. about dede, the guy is pathetic as simple as that. any average leftback in brazil is better than him.

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
brazil_forever said:
about dede, the guy is pathetic as simple as that. any average leftback in brazil is better than him.
I guess thats the reason Dede was named best left back by Placar playing in Atletico Mineiro 1997 as a kid ;)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Yeah, and also Manchester United and Barça offered 20 mil for him because he sucks....

Parreira said there's no substitute for Zé Roberto. He said he is a "facilitador", a player who is there to make life of the others easier. Then explain me, how is a player who is there to work for the others play at the same time the one which the system is based :confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I´m not sure Ronaldo is very much ahead of LF and Adriano
Ronaldo is more experiencedand this makes him a better instrumental goalscorer
but in many aspects LF and Adriano could be seen as even better
Ronaldo has great flashes of brilliance but the other two seems to deliver more impact and can create more chances individually.
Adriano is a incredible dominant player that creates a lot on his own
and today for example he was behind all four goals of Inter.
He was unstoppable in his dribbles and created loads of goal oppurtunities
but unfortunately he missed everyone as well.
He can do incredible goals but and still has a bit to learn in the prolific goalscoring department.
Luis Fabiano can be a great player but he is very temperamental and moody, this makes his performance very irregular.
Conclusion Ronaldo is best option for striker but I don’t know how long he will last,signs are woorying.

Not calling Polga or Luizao
is probably due to that Portuguese league is considdered poor
but Porto has been doing great in CL and in European cups historically

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Roberto Gallo said:
Yeah, and also Manchester United and Barça offered 20 mil for him because he sucks....

Parreira said there's no substitute for Zé Roberto. He said he is a "facilitador", a player who is there to make life of the others easier. Then explain me, how is a player who is there to work for the others play at the same time the one which the system is based :confused: :rolleyes:

listen, manchester paid tone of money for sara and the guys is extremely limited. the same manchester thought kleberson would be their savior. it ain't rare thing for big clubs to spend loads of money on very average players(diouf come to my mind). so just because manchester want him that doesn't make him special.

parreira said in establishing the team that zerobero would be indispensable. in my book that's like building a team around him

41 - 60 of 62 Posts