Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Thought Criminal
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you were to choose the 22 (i think thats how many we take over), who would you take and who would you start.

I think Modric, Da Silva, Pranjic are a must, to take over...

This thread is more about the fringe players then the regulars. We all know who the main 11 are, but who else would you take...

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
my croatian first 11:

Butina

simic kovac tudor simunic

srna kovac soldo modric

prso klasnic

not sure about reserves, i guess youd have to put olic, carevic, seric in there

·
Registered
36,109 Posts
----------butina

-----kovac tomas simunic
-------tudor-n. kovac

Srna-------------------Babic
-----------kranjcar

---------prso-----olic

+ didulica, galinovic, simic, tokic, j. leko, vranjes, i. leko, modric, prajic, klasnic, da silva. Buljat, Corluka, Krizanac and petric in reserve in case of injuries.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Where do we rank how important form and playing time is???

I believe if a guy cant cement a starting position for a middle of the pack Euro club, how the hell can he be GUARANTEED A SPOT ON A SUCCESSFUL, RESPECTED NT LIKE CROATIA!!!!!!

Most knowledgable world football fans tend to agree.....

Back to the topic

----------------Butina----------------

----Tomas------Kovac--------Simunic------

----------------Tudor------------------

----Srna-------Babic(Kovac)--------Pranjic----

----------------Modric---------------

-----------Prso-----------Olic(Klasnic)-----------

reserves Galinovic, Pletikosa, Corluka, Simic, Krizanac, I Leko, Petric, Buljat, Kranjcar

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Heres a question, I would really like to get a general feeling of how must of us feel about this...........

Lets say Argentina beats us up pretty good, we dont create any chances, we get outclassed. etc........Does this warrant some type of change or experimenting?????

This is the most ducked question on the forum....cough cough Ero.......

Sweden(without Zlatan) 1-0 penalty in Zagreb, didnt see many chances

Hungary 0-0 offense terrible

Portugal 0-2 chances, fluidity nowhere to be found

South Korea 0-2 granted B squad, but so where they, no chances

and than Argentina assuming we underachieve

Are these results of an attacking, fluid, creative team???????

Remember Cico said hes playing for the result against Argentina......

By my logic, I think most teams would try to find answers for something that obviously isnt working, football is all about form at tournaments.....

I dont understand why we(Croatians) seem to be content with past results and being good enough to be there............

Because if we play sub-par that will be 5 STRAIGHT GAMES with a negative result, in International football leading up to the WORLD CUP that is something TO WORRY ABOUT MY DEAR FRIENDS!!!!!!!!

·
Thought Criminal
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes i agree Orkan. If we look bad out there against ARG, then we should be worried. Im not just happy to be there and i dont know one person on here or really anywhere that would be just happy being there. We all want results. With Modric hopefully getting some time on the pitch and hopefully having some impact, then you never know what can happen.

Hey Orkan, what is the general consensus in the media and the public on the whole Kranjcar snr-jnr thing in Croatia? Are people seeing that he is favouring him ? Is the media pushing this point at all?

EDIT: Do you live there? Hahaha i just got the feeling you do...

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Yea, problem is its a very good question, that no one can seem to answer.......and hopefully if they can, with some damn sense........

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Guys Im also interested in your view points of playing time or lack thereof and being somehow guaranteed a spot IN THE CROATIAN NT TEAM!!!!!!!! :frustrat:

Is the best we have to offer just reserves for middle of the pack teams???????

Im really just so frustrated with our coaches, system, and coruption!!!!!

I dont understand why these type of questions arent directed at them as well, particulary Cico.............

·
Thought Criminal
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Orkan_Dugi Rat said:
Guys Im also interested in your view points of playing time or lack thereof and being somehow guaranteed a spot IN THE CROATIAN NT TEAM!!!!!!!! :frustrat:

Is the best we have to offer just reserves for middle of the pack teams???????

Im really just so frustrated with our coaches, system, and coruption!!!!!

I dont understand why these type of questions arent directed at them as well, particulary Cico.............

You talk as if we are the ones making the choices!

Youre a bit to negative when it comes to the NT, we have some issues but nothing that warrants Cico being kicked out. He has to date learnt from his mistakes. So i think itll be all good come WC time, but alot will come from this ARG friendly. Hey at least Olic is back, now thats some good news. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
36,109 Posts
Orkan_Dugi Rat said:
Where do we rank how important form and playing time is???

I believe if a guy cant cement a starting position for a middle of the pack Euro club, how the hell can he be GUARANTEED A SPOT ON A SUCCESSFUL, RESPECTED NT LIKE CROATIA!!!!!!
yeah, by your logic here Aljosa Asanovic had no business being near the NT changing rooms.

·
Registered
36,109 Posts
Orkan_Dugi Rat said:
Heres a question, I would really like to get a general feeling of how must of us feel about this...........

Lets say Argentina beats us up pretty good, we dont create any chances, we get outclassed. etc........Does this warrant some type of change or experimenting?????

By my logic, I think most teams would try to find answers for something that obviously isnt working, football is all about form at tournaments.....

I dont understand why we(Croatians) seem to be content with past results and being good enough to be there............

Because if we play sub-par that will be 5 STRAIGHT GAMES with a negative result, in International football leading up to the WORLD CUP that is something TO WORRY ABOUT MY DEAR FRIENDS!!!!!!!!
man, you're so full of shit that it's not even funny anymore. You just regurgitate the same crap over and over again and expect people to swallow.

I've given you answers and foundations to counter all your pessimistic bullcrap "arguments" and you still ignore and babble endlessly about the same shit, and then you have the audacity to tell people what to think and call us idiots for not sharing your opinion.

I've told you what a football discussion forum is for also....so spare me man..don't mention me anymore, don't even respond to this post.

·
Registered
69,079 Posts
23 players are in a WC squad

GK - Tomislav Butina
GK - Stipe Pletikosa
GK - Ivan Turina

D - Stjepan Tomas
D - Robert Kovac
D - Josip Simunic
D - Mario Tokic
D - Dario Simic
D - Vedran Corluka

M - Igor Tudor
M - Niko Kovac
M - Marko Babic
M - Darijo Srna
M - Jerko Leko
M - Niko Kranjcar
M - Mladen Petric (I know he can play striker too)
M - Marijan Buljat/Danijel Pranjic
M - Luka Modric

F - Ivan Klasnic
F - Dado Prso
F - Bosko Balaban
F - Ivica Olic
F - Eduardo da Silva

*Two injured reserve players: Buljat/Pranjic and Ivan Leko

Butina
Tomas - R. Kovac - Simunic
Srna - Tudor - N.Kovac - Babic/Olic?
Kranjcar
Prso - Klasnic/Olic

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Satnik said:
man, you're so full of shit that it's not even funny anymore. You just regurgitate the same crap over and over again and expect people to swallow.

I've given you answers and foundations to counter all your pessimistic bullcrap "arguments" and you still ignore and babble endlessly about the same shit, and then you have the audacity to tell people what to think and call us idiots for not sharing your opinion.

I've told you what a football discussion forum is for also....so spare me man..don't mention me anymore, don't even respond to this post.
LOL!!!!!!!!!! CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have nothing better to say than to make up lies ..........just so you cant answer the point. The question still wasnt answered, your worst than the George Bush.....lol :howler:

That post was the biggest crock of crap I might have ever read on this forum.

I will not post on this forum until after the Argentina game BUT GOD HELP US IF WE DEFEND AND GET BUTHERED BY THEM(kinda like against Portugal)...examples the have ball possesion for 65-70% of the game, shots on goal is like 8-10 to our 2, corners our 16-4.....stufff like that

Because such an attacking football team, that create many chances surely shouldnt put together 5 straight pathetic offensive performances before the World Cup.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Orkan_Dugi Rat said:

Unbelivably pessimistic.

Because if we play sub-par that will be 5 STRAIGHT GAMES with a negative result,
How is beating Sweden a negative result under any circumstances.
We were playing with pretty much a B team especially in midfield and we don't have great subs.

B squad? Try C or D squad. PLus I'm pretty sure Korea had some regulars playing since a lot of their players play in Korea and that league did not affect this tournament. And why do you mention this game but completely ignore the Hong Kong game? hm, I wonder why?

Again, key players missing.

You are already assuming a "negative" result are you really a fan of the Croatian NT or what?
I don't think ANYBODY in this forum is content with past results in EURO 2004, WC 2002, but seriously you are crying over friendlies with many missing players in each of them and a game we ****ing WON.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Orkan_Dugi Rat said:
Why are you worried over results like that? Croatia "B" never had much of succes, not now and not at Kirin Cup back in 96 or 97 which is another tournament which comes to my head when I think of Croatia "B".

We have to accept we are a small country, we don't have players to make two strong NT's, as long as we produce players to make one strong team that qualifies for EC and WC every year I'm satiesfied.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Hajduk_Hrvatska said:
Unbelivably pessimistic.

How is beating Sweden a negative result under any circumstances.
We were playing with pretty much a B team especially in midfield and we don't have great subs.

B squad? Try C or D squad. PLus I'm pretty sure Korea had some regulars playing since a lot of their players play in Korea and that league did not affect this tournament. And why do you mention this game but completely ignore the Hong Kong game? hm, I wonder why?

Again, key players missing.

You are already assuming a "negative" result are you really a fan of the Croatian NT or what?
I don't think ANYBODY in this forum is content with past results in EURO 2004, WC 2002, but seriously you are crying over friendlies with many missing players in each of them and a game we ****ing WON.
Against Sweden, where was the attacking football????? We played Baric style, defend, defend, hope for an indvidual play or luck.

Um, your pretty sure Korea had regulars??? Ignorance is bliss. We get embarrassed by another WC team.

Hong Kong is not even ranked in the top 100 in the world, thats like bragging about beating Kuwait.

Portugal, we had key players missing??? just Tudor I believe. How many were Portugal missing???? Once again ignorance is bliss........

God this is frustrating, Im arguing the point WE DONT PLAY ATTACKING FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!! WE PLAY THE SAME WAY WE DID UNDER BARIC. GET IT???????? WE GOT RESULTS WITH HIM AS WELLL!!!!!!!!!!!

So if you want to say we are effective and we qualify, yadda yadda I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT. But dont come on here telling me we play creative attacking football?????

I mean friendlies against teams that have qualified for the WC(Korea, Portugal, Argentina) dont mean much anyways........ :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Orkan_Dugi Rat said:
Against Sweden, where was the attacking football????? We played Baric style, defend, defend, hope for an indvidual play or luck.
Again, how was the game against Sweden a "negative" result?
Um, your pretty sure Korea had regulars??? Ignorance is bliss. We get embarrassed by another WC team.
Lineup vs. Croatia

1 Woon-Jae Lee © 6
4 Jin-Cheul Choi 6,5
13 Sang-Shik Kim 6,5
17 Ho Lee 6
23 Won-Hee Cho 6
3 Dong-Jin Kim 7
21 Ji-Hoon Baek 6
15 Jung-
Woo Kim 6
90. 8 Do-Heon Kim - 16 Kyung-Ho Chung 6,5 14 Chun-Soo Lee 7
74. 10 Chu-Young Park - 20 Dong-Gook Lee 6,5
Trener: Dick Advocaat
Lineup vs. Saudi Arabia (WCQ)

1. LEE Woon Jae ------------------------CHECK!

2. YOU Kyoung Youl

4. KIM Jin Kyu
5. KIM Young Chul
10. PARK Chu Young CHECK!
12. LEE Young Pyo
15. KIM Jung Woo CHECK!

16. CHUNG Kyung Ho ---------------------CHECK!
18. CHO Jae Jin
19. AHN Jung Hwan30. KIM Young Kwang

6. BAEK Ji Hoon --------------------------CHECK!
7. KIM Jin Ryong
8. KIM Do Heon ---------------------------CHECK!
11. CHA Du Ri
13. KIM Dong Jin
CHECK!

29. KWAK Hee Ju
Lineup vs. Korea

1 Joseph Didulica 6
5 Mario Tokić © 5
4 Vedran Ješe 5
72. 2 Neven Vukman - 6 Mato Neretljak 5,5
14 Ivan Bošnjak 5,5
15 Leon Benko 5,5
16 Jerko Leko 5
CHECK! 8 Josip Balatinac 5
46. 11 Mladen Petrić 5 19 Niko Kranjčar 6
CHECK! 10 Davor Vugrinec 5
72. 18 Nikola Šafarić - 9 Eduardo da Silva 6
Trener: Zlatko Kranjčar

2 regulars vs. 7 regulars.
Hong Kong is not even ranked in the top 100 in the world, thats like bragging about beating Kuwait.
Noone is bragging about the result the problem I have is you ignoring it like it's not a result at all as you didn't mention in our "last 5 results"
Portugal, we had key players missing??? just Tudor I believe. How many were Portugal missing???? Once again ignorance is bliss.......
Klasnic was also missing plus Prso was not 100%

God this is frustrating, Im arguing the point WE DONT PLAY ATTACKING FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!! WE PLAY THE SAME WAY WE DID UNDER BARIC. GET IT???????? WE GOT RESULTS WITH HIM AS WELLL!!!!!!!!!!!
We play the same? lol. I would like to see you be the coach so you could make a fool out of yourself people would laugh at your comments. You said that only people playing regularly at their clubs should get starting spots on the NT (I guess you don't want R.Kovac) but then you put Babic as the central midfield in your dream lineup, hello? do you watch football?

So if you want to say we are effective and we qualify, yadda yadda I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT. But dont come on here telling me we play creative attacking football?????
I didn't say that in THIS topic.

I mean friendlies against teams that have qualified for the WC(Korea, Portugal, Argentina) dont mean much anyways........ :rolleyes:
You were getting it and then you decided to put some periods and roll your eyes not clever on your part.

·
Registered
36,109 Posts
not winning friends here are you orkan?

·
International
8,545 Posts
Let's try to get along a little better here. Orkan, it's good that you're opinionated but you need to be able to disagree with people without getting personal about it. So let's just cool down a bit and enjoy a good debate.

About the games, when we went to Sweden we ended up defending yes...but it's not easy to travel to a strong opponent's home and take it to them, just like Sweden couldn't take it to us in Zagreb and we had much more of the ball. The positive thing to take out of the first game is that although we were defending for the most part, we were barely even troubled at the back as we completely shut them down. There's a good number of teams at the WC like Brazil that have better midfields than us and they'll outplay us there so it's good to know we have a strong defence to deal with that.

I do agree with you that we have a tendency to turn a blind eye to the problems the team has. I don't think we're fully aware of our strength's and weaknesses heading into the tournament. Hopefully the Argentina game will change that because I agree that the Portugal game was bad and we need to step it up a few notches in this game.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts