Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are tough qualifiers. Bulgaria away and then Montengro at home. 4 points would put us in good position, so the squad of Lippi could be important. Gattuso may still be out for this, but hopefully Chiellini will have returned by then. Montolivo and Rossi could also get call ups if they are fit and in form.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
there are some tough choices to make up front. There are Toni Gilardino and Iaquinta who could easily be there, and the same with Cassano, Del Piero (a Lippi boy), Rossi, Di Natale.

I think there are enough choices to make this a good squad whatever the decisions are except at RB. I'm not sure who the back-up will be at all.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Maggio should be called..what does this guy gotta do to be called to the Azzurri???

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
is ferrari better than Barzagli? has to be.....
Ferrari looked to be back on form today

lets hope it keeps up for the sake of your team people

Ferrari could ba monster at times....he was today

as was that kid next to him

very good...can't remember his name though

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maggio indeed should be called... if Lippi loved Diana then he must love Maggio who is even better... Cassano should be called IMO... but we should talk more in a couple weeks when we must seriously consider the squad.

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts
You mean Criscito Tazz. Neither of him our Ferrari were monsters, they didnt need to be to stop that crappy attack, but both were very good yes.

And yeah, as Deano said, we cant really predict when now, its better when its a week from the squad selection, more aware of forms and who is fit or isnt. But yeah, Maggio should defenitely be called, if Cassetti is, wtf would he be left home. And its a must that Cassano is called, I hope Lippi doesnt exclude for the third time, then it would really mean he has no chance in the NT at all from now on.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
You mean Criscito Tazz. Neither of him our Ferrari were monsters, they didnt need to be to stop that crappy attack, but both were very good yes.
:howler: classic

I am curious though people.....if you all had to chose between G.Rossi getting called up knowing the kind of thinking Lippi would b showing to call him. (youth/younger/potential)

And Cassano

Who would you choose?

Calling Cassano along with Rossi woud b great. But to call Cassano instead of Rossi seems quite retroactive

I know people r gonna say call Cassano along Rossi instead of Del Piero. We all know thats not going to happen. And Lippi's talk abt individuals in a group and their need to b left out signals and explains his intentions to many players over the years. Including players such as baggio etc etc.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
Can someone explain to me the row he had with Panucci? I know it's too late to speak on Panucci but I'm just curious... He definately should have been there in 06...

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Feel sorry for Panucci and Cassano. Can't say Cassano deserved the world cup gold since he's a brat, but Panucci surely deserved it more than frickin' Zaccardo.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
:howler: classic

I am curious though people.....if you all had to chose between G.Rossi getting called up knowing the kind of thinking Lippi would b showing to call him. (youth/younger/potential)

And Cassano

Who would you choose?

Calling Cassano along with Rossi woud b great. But to call Cassano instead of Rossi seems quite retroactive

I know people r gonna say call Cassano along Rossi instead of Del Piero. We all know thats not going to happen. And Lippi's talk abt individuals in a group and their need to b left out signals and explains his intentions to many players over the years. Including players such as baggio etc etc.
Cassano everyday of the week, he still has time on his side, while Iaquinta and Del Piero dont, the Toni of the past 2 years is pure garbage, for italy anyway, still banging them for bayern and we are hoping Gila regains some confidence with Prandelli and Fiorentina. Cassano is in top shape now.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Cassano instead of Rossi :eek: well thats interesting

And on Panucci. Lippi and him fell out at INTER one day when Panucci was on th ebench and was upset abt it and then Lippi told him to get ready to go on and he lazed around on the bench and did not really warm up. We all know Lippi's a heartless SOB

And of course Panucci deserved the world cup. BUT!!!! think of it from Lippi's stand point

I can hear Panucci now "You still neded me u tupet wearing sod"

Why wud lippi share success with someone as stubborn as he is? I feel Panucci's pain but whatever....asswholes in the world of asswholes. Victim of all round general asswholity

·
Registered
46,331 Posts
I think that Lippi will confirm the group which won the two games with Cyprus and Georgia but the injured players.

The goalies, the forwards and the defenders will be exactly the same, Chiellini will be back and the hope is that Barzagli will be finally kicked out. There will be of course to replace both Pirlo and Gattuso injured. I guess Montolivo and one between Nocerino and Marchisio.

No Cassano and no Giuseppe Rossi unless Del Piero or Di Natale get injured, no Ferrari, no Santacroce, no Giovinco, no Balotelli, no Maggio etc. Just my prediction.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I agree, if I had to predict right now I would say

Buffon, Amelia, De Sanctis

Zambrotta, Grosso, Dossena, Bonera, Cannavaro, Gamberini (if fit), Chiellini, Legrottaglie

Aquilani, De Rossi, Montolivo, Palombo, Nocerino, Camoranesi

Iaquinta, Gilardino, Toni, Del Piero, Di Natale, G. Rossi

------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is my prediction anyway. I am unsure when the playoff for U21 is, if its this month then Rossi probably will be called for that instead :D

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts
There will be of course to replace both Pirlo and Gattuso injured. I guess Montolivo and one between Nocerino and Marchisio.

You really think so? :eekani: Would be cool if Lippi rated Marchisio that highly, there is good chances for him when Nocerino is such a certain choice. The standard isnt that high.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Osman you just hate Nocerino for some reason. IMO he is a good player, not a normal in the Italy NT, but as a fringe player, certainly not bad. Marchisio will be with the U21 for sure if they have a play-off for qualification.

Maggio's goal today was weird, but yes he scores way too much :D

·
Boomshakalaka!
168 Posts
Good for Italy Pirlo got injured for 2 months. He past his best for the last years.
I think Italy have to go with either Montolivo or Aquilani, both of them are doing better then Pirlo the last years. THE Problem with Italy is that, they play with the past.

I hope I see Cassano called, another player better then Del Piero. But again Past comes first for Italians.. :tongue:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well its good just because we can test Aquilani or Montolivo, but it may not be good if we lose, we will see :D

1 - 20 of 213 Posts