Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shocked. Looks like Krankl wants to boost Germany's self confidence...

Tor: Roland Goriupp (FC Kärnten/0), Helge Payer (Rapid Wien/0)

Abwehr: Michael Baur (FC Tirol/35), Ernst Dospel (Austria Wien/3), Ferdinand Feldhofer (Rapid Wien/2), Paul Scharner (Austria Wien/1), Emanuel Pogatetz (Bayer Leverkusen/0)

Mittelfeld: Rene Aufhauser (GAK/2), Harald Cerny (1860 München/40), Andreas Herzog (Rapid Wien/95), Richard Kitzbichler (Austria Salzburg/16), Markus Weissenberger (1860 München/14), Jürgen Panis (FC Tirol/2), Roman Mählich (Sturm Graz/19), Rolf Landerl (Fortuna Sittard/0)

Angriff: Roland Brunmayr (GAK/6), Ivica Vastic (Sturm Graz/39), Roman Wallner (Rapid Wien/6)

Auf Abruf: Thomas Mandl (Austria Wien/0) - Markus Hiden (Rapid Wien/4), Gerald Strafner (Sturm Graz/3), Roland Linz (Austria Wien/2)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Come on, Viola, that's just unfair. I myself expect from Hansi Burli to call every player from the mediocre team ranking 8th in the table. Maybe some additional chaps who sometimes played in green in youth teams. So I'm angry with Hansi Burli. How can he still call e.g. Ronnie when there are also the likes of VYTVAR Norbert, or RADOS Martin available....

Hansi Burli is just pure entertainment. Not for football reasons, of course, but it's great comedy.

PMDF

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Remember, it´s not supposed to be a qualifying match, and Krankl has every right to call up new players for trials. Not that I´m saying that this is the future team, though... but when
if not on such occasions should he bring in new players to try them? Against the Netherlands?

I for one am interested in seeing Rolf Landers play, as I have never seen him playing before. OK, he might be playing for rock bottom Fortuna Sittard, but he´s been playing in the Dutch League for many years and therefore can´t be that bad... Pogatetz lacks match practise, but should have learnt a big deal at Leverkusen, so why not check him?

Besides that, I don´t see many alternatives available anyway, so there´s no real point in arguing about the current squad.

That´s the team I want to see playing against Germany:

Goriupp/Payer - Feldhofer, Baur, Dospel - Cerny/Kitzbichler, Mählich, Herzog/Vastic, Weissenberger, Panis - Brunmayr, Wallner

Payer (If not there from the beginning), Landerl and Pogatetz might get in at a later stage.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
And now what´s exactly the problem with the squad?
Mählich back (always like the guy, ever since his WSC-times...), some interesting new players (Landerl, Pogatetz)
As for the Rapid-players:
Payer - well deserved, one of the best (in my opionion even the best) goalies this season.
Feldhofer - One of the few young Austrian defenders with international experience. Was already a part of the NT before Krankl.
Herzog - Either you stick with your captain or not. When Krankl took over the NT, he said that he´ll build the team around Herzog. Why should he change that every 2 games?
Wallner - One of the best Austrian strikers, no discussion.
Calling Krankl biased (=calling up SCR-players just because they wear green-white) is ridiculous.

Unlike Baric, Krankl follows a pattern, and I like it.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The defence is much too unexperienced for such a agame. I see no point in going to Germany to get thrashed. Dospel is not in form, nor is Feldhofer. Herzog didn't play for Rapid and is said to have heavy problems with his toe. Scharner is too young.

My Prediction: 6-1 for Germany

MY Squad:

Goriupp - Baur, Marasek, Martin Hiden - Kitzbichler, Aufhauser, Weissenberger, Mählich, Panis - Wallner, Brunmayr

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bench players: Payer or Mandl - Flögel, Dospel, Feldhofer, Pircher, Vastic, Linz, Markus Hiden

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
What's the deal with Panis ? OK, confirmed, jederzeit, I have not followed him closely or anything. But in Tirol's game at FAK, the man was actually a joke.

PMDF

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like Panis since his time in Linz. He is said to have contacts with Feyenoord.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
The squad's a joke indeed.

Goriupp is nowhere near being a class-goalie. Almost every game he plays he has big mistakes. With Almer dropping NT (for good reason, imo) Krankl should have called Payer AND Mandl.

With the exception of Baur I see no reason to call our defence. Dospel is out of form, Scharner had his best games in midfield and form declined in recent games. Feldhofer is part of a shaky Rapid-defence and Pogatetz at Bayer-Amateure. Not what I call a defence that hopes for a good game against Germany, moreover as everyone is just interested in having holidays, with the exception of Scharner maybe, because he still feels the honour to be in the NT. (probably as the one and only...)

The midfield is just typical Krankl style, calling up players against his wannabe principles. If Manninger doesn't play, so why does Herzog? Landerl was relegated in the Netherlands, which hasn't quite the strongest of leagues. Mählich had ONE good game against Tirol, in the other games being mediocre. Aufhauser is pure average and Panis, well, I don't see him as the special player some do.

The attack is okay, but why only three strikers? And I don't rate it that high if Wallner scores against Admira and a weak Sturm-squad...

Just face it: Krankl is calling up every Rapid-player he possibly can without being slaughtered by media. Probably just because he can't get SCR's spot in the table...

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For me, Aufhauser is a strong candidate for MVP of the season, and Panis is the best man for the left side. Goriupp isn't world class, but alright. Otherwise I agree.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Krankl raus!

It's simply a bad joke to nominate Markus Hiden instead of injured Ivica Vastic, leaving only two strikers in the squad! :fero:

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Se Tschörmen squad:
Tor
Oliver Kahn / FC Bayern München
Jens Lehmann / Borussia Dortmund
Hans Jörg Butt / Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Abwehr
Frank Baumann / SV Werder Bremen
Jörg Heinrich / Borussia Dortmund
Sebastian Kehl / Borussia Dortmund