Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if song play, i hope he can mark ginola gently, because ginola some kind of on fire, remmber his goal last week
about berger, i have a good feeling about him :) he will score tonight!

go liverpool go....

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
That's a good point as Song is a notorious hard man and if he gets a yellow in the first 30 mins then Ginola is going to tear us apart.
I'm scared.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I for once would like to see Carragher at right back against Ginola.Song will hurt him but he is too erratic sometimes.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
What do you think about Carragher going to Euro 2000, I question it. I don't think that he should be in the pool side let alone the England squad. Both Song and Heggam are better at right back and H&H have the back sorted out. In midfield Murphey and Thompson could play or go with a three prong attack - Owen (centre), Camara (left) and Heskey (right). Is this too adventeurous? Who'd be a manager.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I like Carragher.I prefer Song or Heggem at the right back but he is a very good defender and anchor.I cant see the reason why he shouldnt be picked for the europian Championship.He is good enough and surely has a better year than all these average scumbags (Neville and Co) who are going to play...

------------------

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Yeah but at right back there's Dyer, Gerrad ~(if need be) and i think that England will play with three at the back so Macca, Anderton and the likes may fill the role.
At centre back there's Campbell, Southgate, Adams, Ehiogu, Woodgate (if he wasn't a fool :(), Keown etc.

I know you're feelings tiwards Macca but if he carved Man U apart like last time would you take that as an apology and join my crusade to get him back.

MACCA TO THE PEOPLE!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
This is when I get my PMT (pre match tension). Redders is injured and Gerrad is being rested so Carragher may move in to midfield with Song filling in at left back. Vlad is back and lets hope that he shows the type of form that he did against Man U.
Spurs also have injury worries with Sherwood and Leonhardsen missing.

Beware though as in this meaningless game for Spurs is a man scorned. Ginola has expressed his hatred for Houllier and what would be better revenge than denying the pool a place in the champions league. I do sympathize with David as I think H was out of order in his criticism. It is the managers job to protect players and the H I see now looks like he would not do such a thing.

The side:

Westerveld.

Song Hypia(c) Henchoz Matteo

Smicer. Haaman Carragher Berger

Owen Camara

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Emile?

I think he should start along with Owen or Titi...

Also,why the hell Gerrard has to rest THIS game? GH should play him one more since Redders is unavailable and then rest him for as long as he wants,when Redknapp will be back.

At least play Danny! or even Smicer in the center with Thommo or Heggem (he is back! :)) out wide at the right...for some reason,I dont feel safe with Jamie C in midfield.

------------------

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I agree especially as heggem is back but there's no second guessing Houllier of late. He likes to rest players all the time and this may be the game that it catches up with him. I just have a sneaky feeling that Heskey may not play. Probably wrong. It's just the report says he is the most fouled man in the Pl and houllier likes resting players. He also has played every pool game thus far and also the one for England U21's.
Gerrad is def not playing though-Doh!

Redders is playing the next reserve match but we've heared this a lot. Hopefully he'll be in contention soon.

I was just thinking though - the amount of injuries we've had this year is unbelievable. The fact we are 3rd is practically like winning the league.

For the strikers Fowler out 3/4's of season and the same with Redders.
Owen injury free for about half the season.
Gerrad apparently aching.
Meijer at the beggining of the season.
Smicer whenever he starts playing well.
Henchoz for the beginning of the season.
Heggem for a month.
Hypia for the vital time versus Man U.
Haaman for a month.
Murphy is injured and also inconsistent.

The only players who have been allright all season are Camara, Westerveld, Hypia, Matteo, Carragher and Berger

X

·
0 Posts
me too i didn't really like carragher until now!
i think he's been a great squad player!
he's improved a lot since last season and shown more consistency!

he is definitely a player which GH seems to appreciate very much cos of his versatility..

i think he should be worth of a spot in england too!!!
maybe not in 1st team but at lesat in the squad itself!
i think he's much better than neville,etc..

i think his form is much better than either heggem or song..and actually i would prefer him over both at right back!

X

·
0 Posts
about macca ,just forget him!!
GH said he had a bad influence on the team spirit and i don't think GH would have liked to have him back ..

anyway he's earning 65,000 wkly at real!!!
and although real is trying to sell him in summer..they would find it hard to find a club matching his salary!!
and GH is certainly not about to break his wage structure for him...
even babbel is said to be earning around 27k wkly!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Well done on the prediction bodat.

About Macca - GH did all he could to keep him so that is not a problem. The post yesterday was tongue in cheek is supose and where did this rumour that he was on 65,000 a week come from?

Real look like keeping him now after certain displays but who knows if they will change their mind.

------------------
WITH HOPE IN MY HEART

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Hey,I got the line-up right with the Murphy thing! give some cheers guys! :)

joking of course...

ok,I'm telling you,an apology from Macca and he is ok with me...

------------------

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Am - would an apology be to knock Man U out of the CL? :D
I think it's worth it just to see their 'sad' faces.

------------------
WITH HOPE IN MY HEART

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
About the predictions thing I think I had the worst luck ever -

Heskey started (that was just a hunch though)
Smicer on the bench. :(
Carragher r.b :(
Murphy and Tommo in m.f :(

I hope that I get better.

And Ginola a threat, I've been more threatened by a can of pop :D

------------------
WITH HOPE IN MY HEART

1 - 20 of 20 Posts