1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spurs in Butt chase

By Danny Griffiths
Date: 13/1/2004

TOTTENHAM are ready to enter the chase to land unsettled manchester United and England midfielder Nicky Butt. The 29-year-old has...

Your Location: Home > Latest News

Spurs in Butt chase
By Danny Griffiths for THEspursweb.com

TOTTENHAM are ready to enter the chase to land unsettled manchester United and England midfielder Nicky Butt.

The 29-year-old has handed in a transfer request after being unable to command a regular place in the side at Old Trafford.

Acting Spurs boss David Pleat has denied he is interested in Leicester's Muzzy Izzet and has revealed he was close to borrowing Edgar Davids from Juventus before the Dutch international moved to Barcelona.

But if they does go for Butt it seems strange Spurs will ask to land him on loan rather spend a bargain £5million on a player of real quality.

Pleat told Adrian Curtis in the Evening Standard: "We are not interested in Izzet. I am quite happy with the midfield apart from the possible addition of someone with leadership type qualities.

"We are looking at the possibility of bringing someone in like that on loan. This is likely to be a Premiership player who has been displaced from the first team.

"I had been working on the Davids deal for three weeks and we were as close as we could be to getting him. This was not a flyer, this was a genuine attempt to land a player of his quality on loan.

"Juventus did not want him to go to another Italian club and were quite happy to push the deal our way. I devoted a lot of time to trying to get the player. It was, in the end, the Dutch connection at Barcelona which settled things."

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
"Spurs in Butt :ass: chase"

:howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No ifs or Butts - Nicky staying up north

By Danny Griffiths
Date: 14/1/2004

NICKY BUTT is set to turn down a move to Tottenham because he wants to stay in the north. Spurs have bid £5million for the Manchester...

Your Location: Home > Latest News

No ifs or Butts - Nicky staying up north
By Danny Griffiths for THEspursweb.com

NICKY BUTT is set to turn down a move to Tottenham because he wants to stay in the north.

Spurs have bid £5million for the Manchester United and England midfielder but the 29-year-old does not fancy a move to London.

His other half is expecting a baby and he would rather remain staying close to his roots - even though he is reputed to be considering a switch to Middlesbrough.

That would reunite him with former Old Trafford assistant manager Steve McClaren and the Teessiders could use Gareth Southgate as bait in any deal.

Newcastle and Everton are also interested in the combative midfielder.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Gees I always had an idea the guys at white heart lane liked Butt,But now I'm convinced.:dazed: :tongue:
So who's going to be the first to Kiss Butt?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts