Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ronaldo voelt zich niet geliefd in Bernabéu

20/2/2006 15:48

Ronaldo lijkt bezig aan zijn laatste maanden bij Real Madrid. Dat is op te maken uit zijn woorden tijdens de persconferentie voorafgaand aan het duel met Arsenal in de Champions League. 'Ik heb me nooit thuis gevoeld in het Bernabéu.'
Opvallend openhartig vertelde Ronaldo over zijn gevoelens. De Braziliaan die drie keer is uitgeroepen tot beste voetballer ter wereld en in de zomer van 2002 na veel trammelant voor 35 miljoen euro over kwam van Internazionale, lijkt met de ziel onder zijn arm te lopen.

He's stated in the past that he wanted to move to Spurs so what better timing to say this when we're in search of the magical figure who'll propel us from a good top 6 side to league title contenders and for Arnesen to make it up by convincing him to come to London (as Chelsea won't sign him as he isn't a Mourinho type of striker).

More to the point, what do you reckon we need to strengthen for next season?

So far I can only come up with one pin point transfer I'd like to make:

-Trabelsi - for our RB spot and then use Salty as cover for Lee and Trabelsi or even as LB if Lee has a bad run of form. He's available on a bosman. Unfortunately his agent, Franklin Sedoc is scum.

Haven't thought about the rest yet.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I doubt Ronaldo will join Spurs. I've got a soft spot for Tottenham and if you qualify for the CL it is possible but when he said he wanted to join you, the main reason was because he'd worked with Frank Arnesen at PSV and with him now at Chelski, that reason's gone. I think Internazionale will be favourites to sign him myself but ya never know.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ronaldo to Spurs :rolleyes:

He will go to the team that offers the biggest amount of money, and thats obviously us, if we are interested in him, we will get him.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Ronaldo ponders Italian switch Monday 20 February, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italian clubs have been alerted to the news that Ronaldo may quit Real Madrid at the end of the season.

The Brazilian today sensationally hinted that he was looking for a new club, mainly because he feels unaccepted by the home support in the Spanish capital.

"The fans have never accepted me. I'll consider that when looking at my future,” said the 29-year-old, whose Madrid contract expires in 2008.

"I've always said that I don't want to be where I'm not loved. I've never felt at home at the Bernabeu and I will look at my situation after the World Cup.

"As soon as I make an error people jeer me. They often get on the players' backs but we need fans who will support us all the time.

"I don't know how the fans will react to what I have said and, to be honest, I don't care."

The South American joined Real in a £24m deal after he turned his back on Inter in the summer of 2002.

Today’s comments will inevitably spark media speculation that Ronaldo could return to the Nerazzurri, in a possible swap deal with unsettled Adriano.

Although some Inter fans wouldn’t be too enthusiastic regarding a possible comeback, owner Massimo Moratti and boss Roberto Mancini are still admirers of the striker.

Milan and Juventus may also be associated, even if the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United could ponder a bid too.

channel4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts