Xtratime Community banner

SPT/sic won the rights to televise the portuguese league games for the next two years

732 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  freebird 
#1 ·
SPT/sic are of Newark one the rights to televise all the league games, of the portuguese league for the next two years. They will be announcing the next couple days at a local restaurant.
The rights are for the USA and Canada.
For more information call SPT 1-973-344-8888, Luis Pires announce it on the portuguese news and had a copy of the letter, to prove it. I guess KBS is out of the running.

#4 ·
Frank Cunha said:
RTPI will probably show one game a week.
Were I am trying to say its the $300 dollars we use to paid KBS on the Dish, know the rights belong to SPT/sic.
KBS use to televise 5 games a week.
We only get RTPi in Oz !!!!!!!
So were Farcked anyways for Portuguese coverage !!! But in USA I dunno what you pay but here it is only US$ 500 and you got the Euro sattellite dish with RTPi with no more to pay !! , but thats all thats available to us besides pay TV which everyones got !!

#5 ·
Re: SPT/sic won the rights to televise the portuguese league games for the next two years

Frank Cunha said:
SPT/sic are of Newark one the rights to televise all the league games, of the portuguese league for the next two years. They will be announcing the next couple days at a local restaurant.
The rights are for the USA and Canada.
For more information call SPT 1-973-344-8888, Luis Pires announce it on the portuguese news and had a copy of the letter, to prove it. I guess KBS is out of the running.
I'll believe it when I see it. These were the same guys that supposedly had all the Benfica games, and then couldn't provide them. And you probably have to get a special dish just to pick up the games anyhow.

#6 ·
Re: Re: SPT/sic won the rights to televise the portuguese league games for the next two years

RedEagle said:

I'll believe it when I see it. These were the same guys that supposedly had all the Benfica games, and then couldn't provide them. And you probably have to get a special dish just to pick up the games anyhow.
It sounds like the optimum BS to me !!!!!!!!'No one has ever promised evry Benfica game & has deleivered !!!! If they had Benfica themselves would advertise & make a cut themselves !!!!

#7 ·
Futebol em directo para os Estados Unidos e Canada
SPT com o exclusivo dos jogos da Primeira Liga de Portugal

A SPT anuncia que assinou em Lisboa contratos que lhe garantem a transmissao em exclusivo e em directo, de todos os encontros de futebol correspondentes a Primeira Liga Portuguesa. Os referidos direitos abrangem Os Estados Unidos e Canada em todas as Linguas.
Os jogos serao transmitidos atraves do sistema DTH Globecast para toda a America do Norte.

24 Horas reported today on page 4

#8 ·
Frank Cunha said:
Futebol em directo para os Estados Unidos e Canada
SPT com o exclusivo dos jogos da Primeira Liga de Portugal

A SPT anuncia que assinou em Lisboa contratos que lhe garantem a transmissao em exclusivo e em directo, de todos os encontros de futebol correspondentes a Primeira Liga Portuguesa. Os referidos direitos abrangem Os Estados Unidos e Canada em todas as Linguas.
Os jogos serao transmitidos atraves do sistema DTH Globecast para toda a America do Norte.

24 Horas reported today on page 4
Well screw them bastards. I'm not getting another dish. I'll continue to venture into the Newarks cafes to watch my games.

#9 ·
Will RTPi show any games? If not, my second dish is useless. The f*cking portuguese broadcasting rights are a pain in the ass. Seems every year something changes and somebody gets hosed.

#11 ·
My understanding is that RTPi will still carry their weekly game.

THe KBS package though, now belongs to SIC/SPT, which means another dish.

Pila, how is our beloved land? Warm?

#12 ·
"OH DAVY"

good thing i dont pay for satelite and used jump tv to watch rtpi, or just went to my uncles house who lives close to me, otherwise it was hitch a ride to south river to watch at the bars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.