Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the national team programme for Spring 2005.

Code:
TYPE        | OPPONENT  | VENUE |  DATE  |
------------------------------------------
A FRIENDLY  | Slovakia  |   N   | Feb 9  |
MEET UP     | N/A       |   ?   | Mar 16 |
WC QUAL.    | Holland   |   H   | Mar 26 |
WC QUAL.    | Macedonia |   A   | Mar 30 |
B FRIENDLY  | Moldova   |   H   | Apr 19 |
B FRIENDLY  | Bulgaria  |   A   |   ?    |
WC QUAL.    | Holland   |   A   | Jun 4  |
WC QUAL.    | Armenia   |   H   | Jun 8  |
Piturca is not happy that we have booked only one 'A' team friendly before the matches against Holland and Macedonia in March. He says he would have liked more time to get to know the players and what they can do. I agree with him. It is very hard to play just one game as new manager then get thrown in to what is like a final to Romania.

The 'B' games are quite interesting however. After Sandu cancelled involvement in the Cyprus tournament I didn't think there would be any 'B' internationals this year but they seem to have booked a couple against Moldova and Bulgaria.

This is probably what I would pick:

---------------Marius Popa---------------
-------Radoi-----Ghionea-----Pascovic----
--Fl.Petre--Dorinel---Plesan--Caramarin--
----------Neaga----Danciulescu-----------
------------Daniel Niculae---------------

Subs- Dolha, Fl. Moldovan, Ogararu, Dica, Paraschiv, Cl. Niculescu, An. Cristea/Oprita.

If we look back at last year's CT, very few of the players selected will have any chance of being called up to these games. Apart from Petre, Danciulescu, Daniel Niculae and Caramarin, the others are miles away from the national team, after only one year. I hope Piturca will stabilise us a bit more and avoid years like last year where we ended up using 49 different players in our games.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Victor Piturca on...

the spring programme:

"Sînt îngrijorat pentru că înainte de partidele oficiale cu Olanda şi Macedonia nu avem decît o singură acţiune cu toţi jucătorii. Personal, aş fi vrut să am măcar două meciuri pentru a-i vedea mai mult la lucru pe jucători. Programul nostru pentru această primăvară nu este unul formidabil"

"I am worried because prior to the qualifyers with Holland and Macedonia we have only one action involving all the players. Personally I would have liked to have at least two games to see more of the players. Our programme this spring is not a formidable one."

Ghioane and Munteanu:

"Am discutat deja cu Ghioane şi Dorinel şi mi-au spus că vor veni. Cu Ghioane am avut o întîlnire de o oră şi ceva în care am discutat mai multe probleme. La final, a acceptat şi mi-a spus că va veni necondiţionat la echipa naţională. Mi-a explicat şi motivul pentru care a refuzat să vină la prima reprezentativă în ultimul timp, dar m-a rugat să nu îl fac public."

"I have already spoken to Ghioane and Dorinel [Munteanu] and they have told me they will come to the national team. I had a meeting with Ghioane for about an hour where we discussed many problems. In the end he accepted and said he would come to the national team unconditionally. He also said why he has rejected call ups for almost two years but asked me not to make it public."

Other recalls:

"Mai sînt trei jucători, Moldovan, Filipescu şi Şoavă, care au renunţat la naţională. O să discut cu toţi pentru că vreau să revină asupra deciziilor"

"There are three other players, [Viorel] Moldovan, Filipescu and Soava, that have quit the national team and I will speak to all of them because I want them to reverse their decisions"

Marius Mitu:

"Pe Mitu din Belgia îl ştiu foarte bine, a crescut la Steaua, dar nivelul la care joacă acolo nu îi permite deocamdată să vină la naţională. Noi îl vom urmări totuşi. Vom monitoriza mai mulţi jucători, chiar şi la antrenamente. Surprize ar putea să apară doar dacă, de exemplu, Goian de la Bacău va face cîteva meciuri excepţionale şi atunci voi fi nevoit să îl chem".

"Mitu from Belgium I know very well. He was brought up by Steaua but the level he is playing at [in Belgium] doesn't let him warrant a call up to the national team. We will keep tabs on him anyway, as well as many other players even at training. Surprises may appear if for example Goian from Bacau will make some exeptional performances that will make me call on him."

(hint- Goian) :confused:

·
International
9,682 Posts
Funny how people are putting their hopes in Piturca. Just because we've reached a new low with Iordanescu doesn't mean we could hire anyone as our NT coach. Piturca is shit. And stupid.

At least Ghioane will be back. I'm STILL waiting for Marius Niculae, because with D. Niculae we won't do a thing. And Contra, as right midfielder. I've had enough of him as right back.

_____________Lobont (Popa)____________
____Stoican - Radoi - Chivu - Pascovici____
_Contra (Neaga) - Ghioane - Pancu - Mitea_
_______Marius Niculae - Danciulescu_______

And OK team with a bad coach.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Marius Niculae isn't going anywhere. Since "that" season he has been injured 80% of the time and the other 20% (like now) he has been on the wrong end of the bench and in reserve. He is a hasbeen just like all those others that have moved out of Romania young and despite a few moments have sucked big ass. Claudiu Keserü- watch this space.

Piturca is the best we could get and I ain't complaining personally because he did very well in 1999 and made Steaua play some good stuff. We couldn't even dream of finishing a campaign unbeaten now, but he did it. Sure, he had very good players in good form unlike now, but he did it. Out of the other coaches available, who would you have picked?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Raven said:
Marius Niculae isn't going anywhere. Since "that" season he has been injured 80% of the time and the other 20% (like now) he has been on the wrong end of the bench and in reserve. He is a hasbeen just like all those others that have moved out of Romania young and despite a few moments have sucked big ass. Claudiu Keserü- watch this space.

Piturca is the best we could get and I ain't complaining personally because he did very well in 1999 and made Steaua play some good stuff. We couldn't even dream of finishing a campaign unbeaten now, but he did it. Sure, he had very good players in good form unlike now, but he did it. Out of the other coaches available, who would you have picked?
Yeah your right. People keep complaining about Piturca but there's no other option. He's the best we could get at the moment. And he isn't stupid. A part from qualification for Euro2000 he also qualified a youth team for an end tournament and indeed he did good at Steaua. So it's impossible that he's stupid and shit. He's a good coach. But off course we can't expect miracles from a coach who came in at this moment in these conditions and the first official match directly against Holland with only 1 game of preparation before it. ..

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Dave, I'm surprise you still think of Marius Niculae as the player he used to be...You know he is below average at the moment...Even Ganezu would be better when he comes back.

Our starting attack should be:
Danciulescu and Neaga (with Mutu when he comes back)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Marius said:
Dave, I'm surprise you still think of Marius Niculae as the player he used to be...You know he is below average at the moment...Even Ganezu would be better when he comes back.

Our starting attack should be:
Danciulescu and Neaga (with Mutu when he comes back)
Why you wanna start with Danciulescu who misses chances of 1 meter in front of the goal.
He's good but he isn't a striker. I've seen dozen of chances that are impossible to miss that he did miss.

·
International
9,682 Posts
Danciulescu is by far a better finisher than Daniel Niculae. D. Niculae's got a long road ahead.

I'd have of course gone for Boloni. He'd have come for sure but the decision was already taken by the FA on Piturca. They've just faked that they're considering other options as well.

Am still waiting for Marius Niculae.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Danciulescu can't actually score from inside the 6 yard box, but outside of it he is much better than Daniel Niculae. Daniel is just having a good time at the moment but he is still a frightened little child inside.

As for Marius Niculae, step one would be to move somewhere else and make a fresh start. Somewhere in a good league but where he is guaranteed first team football. I think the Premiership would suit him, but he will never be guaranteed shit there even with the promotion teams. Then he needs to regain fitness and confidence. By the looks of things he isn't going anywhere. Even if he gets fit he won't play so he gets nowhere.

I say we look for other options and if he makes it in a few years we'll bring him in, if not then we will have options already in the team.

·
Registered
366 Posts
In potential Marius Niculae is the number 1 striker alongside Mutu. But in this situation he's no option offcourse.
But at this moment we must have a real finisher for inside the box. Because if we don't then there will come more games like the one in Denmark for euro2000 where we mist many chances.
You can create a million chances but if you don't score you can shit on them, i think you can agree with that .
And that's mostly the problem, most of our strikers are bad finishers in the box.
And yeah Daniel Niculae is young, has no experience but still he is the best finisher inside the box that we have at the moment.
Danciulescu is great outside the box but he can't play deep up front. That's what people have to realize we miss way too much chances. We have to thank Mutu for saving us against Macedonia and Finland.

·
Registered
16,580 Posts
David said:
Danciulescu is by far a better finisher than Daniel Niculae. D. Niculae's got a long road ahead.
i´m under the impression that you have only seen him in a full game vs Farul lately. He has said in many interviews that that was his worst game and that he can´t forget how much he missed then. Maybe his finishing is not that bad

·
Registered
69,969 Posts
Marius said:
Seeing the cases of Fl.Petre and Neaga...I´ll wait for Nicu as David.

·
Registered
69,969 Posts
Raven said:
This is the national team programme for Spring 2005.

Code:
TYPE        | OPPONENT  | VENUE |  DATE  |
------------------------------------------
A FRIENDLY  | Slovakia  |   N   | Feb 9  |
MEET UP     | N/A       |   ?   | Mar 16 |
WC QUAL.    | Holland   |   H   | Mar 26 |
WC QUAL.    | Macedonia |   A   | Mar 30 |
B FRIENDLY  | Moldova   |   H   | Apr 19 |
B FRIENDLY  | Bulgaria  |   A   |   ?    |
WC QUAL.    | Holland   |   A   | Jun 4  |
WC QUAL.    | Armenia   |   H   | Jun 8  |

Well, the next two games are key, and really dangerous. 4 points from them wouldn´t be bad, but we have to play to win both games.
I think we should get at least 9 points in the next 4 games.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts