Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
F*cking Basta.rds picked Italy! Good luck Italy with that SI jinx!

They got us winning our group then beating someone(I forgot who) but they have us losing to Cameroon in the Semi's! And the captions read that the Cocky Portuguese lose a shootout with the lions of Cameroon or something or other! Imagine that the balls on them!!!

...and they have every country in the WC with a brief description of the team and SI go on to say that World player of the year Figo has been out of form and will not be himself then they crap on Rui Costa then they have some quote from Oliveira saying that Portugal is sick of being the best, we just want to finish first!
---------------------

They do have a nice spread on Clint Mathis though, he is on the cover!

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
ALCATRAZ said:
F*cking Basta.rds picked Italy! Good luck Italy with that SI jinx!

They got us winning our group then beating someone(I forgot who) but they have us losing to Cameroon in the Semi's! And the captions read that the Cocky Portuguese lose a shootout with the lions of Cameroon or something or other! Imagine that the balls on them!!!

...and they have every country in the WC with a brief description of the team and SI go on to say that World player of the year Figo has been out of form and will not be himself then they crap on Rui Costa then they have some quote from Oliveira saying that Portugal is sick of being the best, we just want to finish first!
---------------------

They do have a nice spread on Clint Mathis though, he is on the cover!
Bwahahahahaha :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

I love it when these SI cats get together every four years and talk about something they know nothing about. SI would be remissed if it gave no coverage to the biggest tournament in the world. Even the average yank who doesn't like footie tunes into the World Cup because of the passion it encompasses around the world. SI takes advantage of that and....wala....A cover of Clint Mathis and an issue dedicated to the world's most popular sport except here.

Just goes to show how unedumucated these cats at SI are when they write crap like that

FORCA PORTUGAL
:fero: :fero: :boxing: :boxing:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
:howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:

HA HA HA HA Sports Illustrated talking about the world cup....bwhaaaaaaa...that's funny...these guys know as much about football as I know about stippling a colour onto a whitewash wash to give it a deeper effect...oops....I mean as much as i know about knitting....:)

I'm certainly not going to take SI's predictions to heart...:eek: the outcome will be determined by a fantastic Portugal team...

Forca Portugal

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
SI is writing on something they have no clue about. I heard reporters a couple of years ago in the channel CNNSI making fun of soccer. What they did was look at the FIFA Rankings, and picked #4 Italy. Their trying to go for the usuall underdog pick, with history. They didnt pick the usual favs, FRA,ARG,BRA. WELL at least its beter then sayingf england

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Don't know if any of you listen to Jim Rome but today he was rippin on **** McMarthy (Coach of Ireland) for kicking Roy Keane off the team. Quite funny since he usually bashes soccer but he was calling that a big mistake. He says it's like Phil tellin Shaq you're off the team because you complain too much.

He also if Ireland loses to expect what Ireland fans do "Riot, Pillage, Fight, Burn things, Destroy things."

The guy was in rare form today!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
its non soccer fans jumping on the WC bandwagon. The worst part about this is we have to listen to this crap all the time because there is no decent soccer analysts in America. CNNSI did good soccer coverage (esp. of euro 2000) Terry Baddo and our fellow Portuguese Pedro Pinto do great coverage. What sux for me is my cable company took CNNSI out of basic cable, and i dont have it anymore, they put it to add MSNBC, sick of all these news channels

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
OGOLO said:
its non soccer fans jumping on the WC bandwagon. The worst part about this is we have to listen to this crap all the time because there is no decent soccer analysts in America. CNNSI did good soccer coverage (esp. of euro 2000) Terry Baddo and our fellow Portuguese Pedro Pinto do great coverage. What sux for me is my cable company took CNNSI out of basic cable, and i dont have it anymore, they put it to add MSNBC, sick of all these news channels
Sounds like it's time to get the dish....:)

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
OGOLO said:
They took it off the your cable becuase CNN/SI no longer exists. They closed up shop on May 15. You could get a dish that gets chanells on Saturn and would still not find CNN/SI.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
AXP103 said:

They took it off the your cable becuase CNN/SI no longer exists. They closed up shop on May 15. You could get a dish that gets chanells on Saturn and would still not find CNN/SI.
At least getting the dish you can get all sorts of soccer. I have [email protected] digital and get Fox Sports World and the rest of the Fox's and I am never left without any footie any time of the day.....Something will be on when I get home tonight.....It might Kuwait vs Mali but it's still footie and I will watch any kind of football.....

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Seriously, I've have it with this crap. They no right to claim such things, the cocky Portuguese. I may understand that some of our fans may be like that, but certainly the players are not. They just go out their and try to play their best. It just puts more anger into the national team against the U.S national team.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
What the hell makes you angry? Italy is a superior team compared to yours. Live with it.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
HuxFlux said:
What the hell makes you angry? Italy is a superior team compared to yours. Live with it.
Hey, post this sh!t in your own forum.......

BTW, you guys play the most boring soccer in the world so give it a rest ace!

·
The One and Only
1,650 Posts
Flotown said:

Hey, post this sh!t in your own forum.......

BTW, you guys play the most boring soccer in the world so give it a rest ace!

True but they always seem to get the job Done.

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
and then some of portuguese supporters in this this forum claim French fans are arrogant on xtratime about their NT... :rolleyes:

You really worth a laugh guys...

Italy is very likely to win the cup... nothing amazing in this.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
hypno and then some of portuguese supporters in this this forum claim French fans are arrogant on xtratime about their NT...

What french fans?:) Havent seen one yet

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
hypno said:
and then some of portuguese supporters in this this forum claim French fans are arrogant on xtratime about their NT... :rolleyes:

Italy is very likely to win the cup... nothing amazing in this.
Actually HYPNO, let me correct you. All supporters on Xtratime and around the world claim French fans are arrogant about their NT. That's just being French though. People don't undertstand that.

Actually your really worth a laugh considering you guys have never won a war.

As far as Italy, yes they have a good shot, along with France, Argentina, Brazil, Portugal, and England. You might even see Cameroon get far who knows.......

Besides, the point of the conversation was not about Italy not being good enough to win. It was about how SI never covers football and they think they can predict a winner.....

Hopefully, you been educated a bit now that is all!

Allez les Bleus this as well :ass:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts