Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SporToto Süper Final

uQePsveGZtQ​

Welcome to the playoffs, the finishing (farce) of the SuperLig this season.

Those teams finishing in the league’s top four spots will enter the playoffs, according to a new ruling that was implemented by the TFF earlier this season.

League leaders Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe, Trabzonspor and Beşiktaş are in the running for the final.

The teams will carry half of their regular-season points into the Super Final, which will be played in six rounds, from April 14 to May 13.

Thoughts? Predictions? Have your say.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Besiktas and Trabzon are going to be fighting tooth and nail to stay out of that playoff against the winner of the second playoff quartet, so all 12 games are going to be intense and highly contested.

I think you guys would have to beat us twice, or at the very least get four points between the two matches to have a realistic chance at the title.

When are they deciding on the fixtures?

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
Would anyone care to indulge this confused Turk on the necessity of the play-off system. I always assumed that whoever comes out top by the end of the season deserves to be crowned champions of the league.

P.S. Even if we were to be in support of the play-off system, why bring four clubs into the mix? Surely first versus second makes more sense. What if the team finishing fifth only came fifth on goal differential, meaning they accumulated the same amount of points as the team in fourth.

·
*the drum drum*
42,489 Posts
The necessity of it is to make up for lost revenue from the pre-season scandals.

Basically, LigTV lost a lot of money, so this is a way to manufacture 12 derbies and get a portion of that lost revenue back.
I thought the home team is put first?
Their first home match after the ban expires, as in their third home match since it was a two match ban.

So the fifth match for us.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
If this were 4-5 years ago I would have said that we would easily beat all the teams home & away and win it all. I doubt that will happen today. Some things are kinda bothering me on the team
- Stoch has been pretty awful for the past month or so. He had a great run of form but its died down quite a bit. Now he looses possession every single time.
- Ziegler has turned to compelte shit. I was amazed at his defensive ability in the first half of the season. I did not miss Santos one bit. But now he is pretty weak and not the same defender he was when he first arrived. And he's not scoring goals like Santos would so I guess I miss Santos.
- Topuz has been pretty shit too, apart from the antalya match where he used his physical advantage. Otherwise, he's been kinda out of the loop this season. The GG/Topuz combo was pretty solid a few years back but today its not the same. I think that both players are on a downhill slope, but both have kinda picked it up in the last few games.
- No matter what anyone says, niether Bekir or Serdar are cut to play as the starting defender on this team. There is a huge gap between Yobo and his partner(s). This is so evident. Yobo is stronger than both of them and he knows what to do with the ball most of the time. I would really consider letting one of them go, I prefer Bekir cause at the very least he does try to play a bit more physical and seems a little bit better in the air. We need another defender for the following year.
- Without Alex or Emre this team is horrible. Now we already know that, but what we did not know was that against a team like Antalya we would have only 1 shot in the first half. Thats pretty bad. It may be time to consider getting another central midfielder to repalce either Cristian or Selcuk. The fact that both are playing together is rather amazing in itself really...
- Bienvenu is like a 12 year old kid playing amongst college boys. He gets pushed around right and left. It is simply a miracle that this guy scored that many goals this season. There is a pretty big quality difference between him and Sow (he makes the runs and forces the defenders to clear the balls). We may need to buy another striker and let him go.

In anycase like Zico said make it to the CL qualifiers and then we'll think about the rest later.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just watching this 'super bulusma' with all the managers.

Senol already crying about all the circumstances they were under all season. You know, the big problem of having 2 shots at the Champions League and all that. Also, throwing a shot at Galatasaray saying it was their easiest win.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This isn't what this 'dev bulusma' should've been about. Sansal is asking the dumbest questions. Challenge these guys a bit, ask them tougher questions like, what kind of tactics are you going to implement during the finals? Is the cup going to be a problem for your players? Do you think having fan bans are going to effect your teams performance? Encourage the coaches to ask each OTHER questions...

Instead its just bitch bitch bitch. Senol is crying about everything. Fatih Terim is acting like he's god and has saved Galatasaray from doomsday. Aykut is just as reserved and political as usual and not really saying anything at all, and Tayfur is out of it because he hasn't been involved for too long + apparently Besiktas felt the bulk of the pain during the sike process

So pathetic.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Like look at this ****ing deadbeat, now he's interrupting the other managers and talking about stadium bans.

YOUR FANS THREW A ****ING KNIFE ON THE FIELD.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Nothing new here. Every time 1 of the 3 stooges (Sadri, Hasan or Senol) has to say something. Like I said, Trabzon is the only perfect thing in a very shitty world. They have every right to complain about anything.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Like look at this ****ing deadbeat, now he's interrupting the other managers and talking about stadium bans.

YOUR FANS THREW A ****ING KNIFE ON THE FIELD.
You know that Trabzon stereotype? Senol Gunes and everyone in Trabzonspor are living it up to a tee. They're involved in the match fixing scandal, but yet they are ignorant and are "demanding" last season's league title, which they lost fair and square. They're dependent on the form of one single individual. Their fans throw two knives on the field, and Trabzonspor should be considered lucky because I could have thought they'd gotten a lot worse.

Then there's also this, but surprising this never made it to the indictment. Hmmmm...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts