Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Quiroga makes alot of mental mistakes, too. The goal against Setubal was his fault. However, the only thing Prates adds is speed. His skill level has slowly diminished over the last year or 2.

Hugo is kinda like F1: you think there's something there. Then just as his showing you something positive, he goes and does something completely boneheaded! ;)

As for Kutuzov, I'm not a fan either. He needs to simplify his game. Whenever he gets the ball, he does complicated things, i.e. dribble into triple coverage or hold the ball too long. When it comes to good forwards, they should think in more simple terms - like Jardel.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I like Kutuvoz, but I also hate it when players "d*ck around with the ball". It's what I call excessive dribbling or holding when they could simply pass it offf and make a run.

·
XT Oldie
8,395 Posts
Seems that Kutuzov is too you what Peixoto is to us. both very talented players who try to do too much....put too much pressure on themselves. I personally like Kutuzov and am hoping for a secret negociation between FCP and AC Milan this summer ;)

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I hope he stays with SCP. If he went back to Milan he'd never see the field with the forwards they already have. I have no idea what the plans are after teh loan period ends. Do SCP have an option to buy?

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I never doubted Tiago for a second:D

SCPd-you gonna go to the chat?

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Ends 1-0.. Im gonna go full out and blame the fact we didnt equalise to Boloni for taking off Kutuzov rather than Pinto. Great game for Tiago obviously. And I think the fact that he only took off one player and it happened to be the wrong one shows how stupid he was during the game.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Bwahahahaha!!!!! :howler:

My god, it never ends, does it?

Too much.

Anybody have an accurate account of the match? I am hoping Pen taped it for me, but if not, somebody tell me what happened. Did Sporting do anything?

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE!!!

I think I lost 5 pounds watching this game yelling at the ****ing screen. We are lucky to not have lost by at least a score of 3 to 0 by my count, If Porto had any luck it could've been as much as 5.

Single worst player? Hugo. What a moron. I lost count of how many times the bumbling fool gave away the ball or touched it to a Porto player. Grow some hair and get another job buddy.

Barbosa was not too far behind. Three or four times that Joao Pinto or Sa Pinto started to create something, it ended with Barbosa fumbling it away. The rest of the team appeared to think that 'attack' meant just kicking the ball into Porto's area and hoping that a haphazard charge would catch them sleeping. Never happened. Porto out muscled, out passed and simply out played them at every turn.

Ronaldo came on, and did nothing. He and to a lesser extent Kutuzov, appear so impressed with their own dribbling skills that they perform beautiful tricks - right up the point where they lose the ball. Ronaldo needs seasoning. He had some good speed up the flank on one attack but was totally blocked and marked very closely by two players. What does he do? Tries to dribble his way past them when he obviously should have passed the ball sooner.

Tiago showed up for us, though it looked like he really should've held on to the ball a couple of times that he let it bounce away. Baia for example, (though he was not tested anywhere near as much), was a picture of composure and looked safe and steady all night.

The only other two Sporting players that deserved some mention were Joao Pinto and Sa Pinto. As I said, they were the only two to run with the ball and the closest chance for Sporting came from a Sa Pinto run that lead to a Joao Pinto cross which Jardel came close to capitalizing on. If Baia hadn't been alert and read the play as well as he did, Jardel might've got a head to it and scored. Wasn't his night (again) though, he even tripped all by himself with no one near him and tumbled ass over heels.

F1, don't know why you'd want to take J.P. off with Barbosa and Hugo stinking up the joint the way they were. Maybe you know him under other another name and were confused?

Deco played an ok game, but I've seen him much more effective. Sporting had the opportunity, and totally ****ed it up. Playing like this, they'll be lucky to finish top 3.

Felt a bit sorry for J.P. At one point Deco put his hand on J.P. face and pushed him away dismissively. You could see J.P. was boiling and wanting to respond in kind, but with his history he can't bat an eyelid. The players must really enjoy provoking the guy, knowing the hole he's dug for himself.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
According to the article on the Record's website, it sounds like Sporting didn't do much of anything. It also says Quiroga got hurt and Boloni put in Sa Pinto in at right back. How did that work out? I supose given his workrate and pace (if he still has pace) it is actually a reasonable move.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Shameful...absolutely shameful. I have never been so ashamed in all my years of being a Sporting fan.

PUSSIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG, STINKY, SKIRT WEARING PUSSIES

With the exception of Tiago, Sa, JVP, and Tonito, everyone else on that field yesterday was not worthy to wear the shirt. Porto *****-slapped us up and down that field for the first 30 minutes. We were getting tossed around like rag-dolls. If it wasn't for Tiago, the score would have been 4-0 within 15 minutes. No midfield what so ever; poor Tonito ran his heart out, but he was getting molested out there.

The game only started to change when Sa came in for an injured Quiroga. He had to play out of position, but at least he played like a man, including some vicious tackles on Derlei.

The 2nd half was a little better; we had 2 good chances near the end; JVP sent in a beautiful chip that Jardel firmly crushed over the bar and then JVP sent in another cross that Rui Bento couldn't get to at the far post. Other than that, the offense was no existent.

Worst players on the field: Hugo and Barbosa. 10 seconds (SECONDS!) into the game, Hugo coughs up the ball to Postiga in front of the net, luckily no goal. And Barbosa...I didn't realize he was playing until about 25 minutes into the 1st half. Pathetic....

I hate to say, but we're 14 points down at the halfway mark of the season. I really don't see Porto choking in the 2nd half of the season, so at the very least we need to get 2nd so we can slip into the CL qualifers. Additionally, we need to start playing some of the kids and see what they can do. I want to see Custodio, Joao Paiva, Carlos Martins, Paito, Hugo Valdir, and Ricardo Fernandes get some PT.

I'm so pissed off right now.....

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Yeah, Tonito was in evidence, but he really didn't DO anything but get dumped all game. If the ref missed anything it was the shellacking that Tonito was getting.

Oh yeah, Postiga also deserved a card for ambling off the pitch at an excruciatingly slow pace while we were one down. Ref was walking along beside him!

However, the officiating wasn't to blame for the spectacle Sporting made of themselves.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi guys :)
Since the begin of the season, it was predictable this wouldn't be Sporting's year, with Jardelle's episode, Beto's injury, being drawn with Inter for the CL etc. Now it's time to look forward and get your stuff together, the 2nd place is a MUST and all portistas wish Sporting to grab it. About the game, Pen and Tinto described it very objectively, but you guys forgot to mention that there were 2 uncalled PKs ;)

Best of luck for the rest of the sesaon.

:angel:

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Santamaria said:
FI did you watch the game, he subbed 3 players
Yeah-meant to say that he just took his sweat time making the subs, and when he finaly did sub he did the wrong ones. I wouldn't have taken off the only forward who was actually creating any chances

21 - 40 of 51 Posts