Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So let's get something started here.

Predictions for next week's game? Will Jardel find his form? Who's gonna shine? Who's gonna suck?

Our arch-enemies will be looking to impress their new coach, but I'm still going to say 2-1 for Sporting.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Should be tough. I mean Benfica are unpredictable. Some weeks they're fantastic, other weeks they're just plain awful. I think if their defense is as bad as it has been for the last few weeks, we should be able to rocket in some goals, but I have a feeling the ball will be in midfield too much for a lot of goals to be scored.

Predictions-0:0
1:0 Sporting

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Jardel still looks like he's carrying a spare tire under his jersey. He's never been mobile, but he's really a statue right now. However, if the wings can feed crosses to his head he is always dangerous.

I also think the ball could be played in the midfield a lot, but that is what worries me about the team, anyway. The Bentos don't provide much organization or offensive support. They seem to play back all the time. Paulo Bento used to be able to go forward some, but not anymore. Without Viana, a true center midfielder, we have two trincos who are really defense before offense.

·
Administrator
24,773 Posts
i trust it will be a great game!
a good old derby:D

go benfica!!!!!!!!!!

(i hope boloni benches ronaldo ;) )

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I really think we should start Ronaldo and Jardel, their our 2 best strikers, IMO. I mean the first game Jardel played this season with Ronaldo(I believe), Ronaldo scored not one but TWO goals. And he really made at least half of the run down to the goal by himself without support as well. I just hope they don't sell him off so quickly like they did Viana.

Back to the game though, I'd like to see Tiago between the pipes again. Should be a good game, if only SIC finally found that cash they had up their asses so I could watch the game at home!:mad:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah, I guess RTPi is not showing it either because there showing Fc Porto vs Santa Clara according to the rtp website!
:( :( :(

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I believe RTPi will show a tape delay around 9 pm. Not positive, though.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yes, you are correct Dae!!!

But who wants to watch a tape delayed game anyway!!!!
:confused: :confused:

Guess I gotta go the portuguese bars and watch the game!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I'd love to go watch teh game in the local portuguese bar, but alas they don't have any down here in Tally. :(

I wind up watching the Derby tape delayed every year. I just stay away from the computer and don't look for results. Problem is they show the damn game so late and I wind up falling asleep half the time. ;) :D

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Tallahassee is not exactly a hot bed of cosmopolitan activity. I don't think there are even any portuguese people around here. Certainly not a community to necesitate a bar. The sport bars around here are for college and NFL football. The only soccer shown in the bars is when my buddy and I go watch the weekly CL match on ESPN2. :(

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Lets ask Gil Vicente for some injuries on Wednesday!:D ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Dae said:
Tallahassee is not exactly a hot bed of cosmopolitan activity. I don't think there are even any portuguese people around here. Certainly not a community to necesitate a bar. The sport bars around here are for college and NFL football. The only soccer shown in the bars is when my buddy and I go watch the weekly CL match on ESPN2. :(
Have you always lived in florida?

I guess it's your job to make the portuguese known down there!!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I'm not portuguese, so I wouldn't do you guys any justice. ;)

And I'm originally from Baltimore.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I take it from your posts your pretty sharp when it comes to portuguese soccer!!

How did you get interested in the Portuguese league and why Scp??

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
scpdude said:
How did you get interested in the Portuguese league and why Scp??
Probably the same way we did, got drunk and watched and watched!:D ;)

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Kutuzoff said:
Are you sportinguista or benfiquista???
Mainly Sportinguista, but I have to have respect for Benfica, as it runs in the family kinda lol. But really I remember starting to like Sporting in Portugal when I was around 5, and then my brother and mother would laugh at me, so I then I reverted to Benfiquista lol. But I respect them both, but I'll never respect Porto or their fans after their actions in the game against Benfica.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts