·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Thanks for the update, MAss, er..I mean, Mr. Minister of Media. :D

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
Gracias Mas Sporting

Thanks for the news .. I get the channel here in Miami..

Go Rodrigo Tello Go !!!

colocolo :)

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
Not on cable

I have a satellite system which allows me to see Rai/Rtpi and two Spanish channels + ESPN LatinAmerica which is the BOMB for European Soccer....Later on this afternoon LIVE Real Madrid Vs Valencia at Mestalla ;)

colocolo :)

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Lazioson said:
My Oh My !

Quaresma Kicks A$$ ... He Really Has Wonderful Skills :eek: :star:

Dae ... Ur the Man :D

I'm not following you. What's your point?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Quaresma was nasty as all ways regardless if he's on the left or the right side! I like the Filipe on the right and Quaresma on the left!

I thought SCP dominated the game! Not in the early goings but the rest of the game was ours! We just could not finish! Niculae had 3 opportunities but put his headers over the crossbar!

A win is a win but I gotta say this cuz it pissed me off! Alverca had 5 dudes in the box the whole game and they were playing crap soccer but still managed to beat us! It was heart breaking:(

I got the kgb or something like that channel it cost me $300 bones but I see alot of games on the weekend except today of course I couldn't see another soccer game after the SCP game!

Obviously we are not up to speed yet but it's early and I'm not panicking yet!

Viva O Sporting!

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Not a poor Sporting performance but I guess the Alverca bogey strikes again. Thats 3 years in a row now they've taken at least a point from the Alvalade :eek:

I thought at 0-0 it would only be a matter of time until Sporting scored, Alverca sat back most of the game but played quite well and got what they wanted :)

Joao Pinto's disallowed goal was harsh on you, but the goal conceded was sloppy defending...

But when Quaresma and Felipe came on they added some punch to the flanks. Why didn't Quaresma start?? But some of their crosses were poor but at least they took on the Alverca defenders...

Joao Pinto played well too I thought but why did Boloni take off Spehar for a midfielder?? The presence of Niculae and Spehar caused the Alverca defence problems but when Spehar came off for Quaresma the threat was moved out to the wings and not the box...

I think Niculae still has a lot to learn....is this the best league he's ever played in before? If so it will take him time to adjust I think...

As for Alverca, their goalie Yannick and players Zarate and Tinaia were very impressive...

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
We dominated 86 of the 90 minutes, but couldn't score. Actually, we did score. That offside call on JVP was total bulsh*t. I'm the last guy around here to blame the ref for anything, but they f*cked up that call completely.

Alverca's goal was a fluke counterattack and nobody got back. Just a nice play by them and crap from us.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Technically you didn’t score. The ref. blew the whistle before JVP put the ball in. That was a bad call by the ref., but I’d expect a different reaction by Sporting… Three games and Sporting has just scored one goal and allowed four. This is just he beginning, but it’s a disappointing way to start. It reminds me of the Benfica from last season, and believe me—you don’t want that. :(

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Hell, this reminds me of last season. We brought in some very promising and exciting names and then played poorly all season. I know the team is still getting used to each other, but this is sad. Our defense was together last season. Only Rui Bento is new, but it has been very poor. And our offense has had a lot of possession, but few real opportunities. One goal in three games is terrible.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dae said:
Hell, this reminds me of last season. We brought in some very promising and exciting names and then played poorly all season. I know the team is still getting used to each other, but this is sad. Our defense was together last season. Only Rui Bento is new, but it has been very poor. And our offense has had a lot of possession, but few real opportunities. One goal in three games is terrible.
Sporting needs Jardel. He was probably the top scorer in Gala in CL last year. We know him in Porto also! :( 3 games one goal, What the hell Sporting wait to sign with Mario?? :mad:

·
International
5,629 Posts
You just need Barbosa back...btw is it me or are the Bentos struggling?

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
No, Red, it isn't you. The Bentos have been terrible. I thought Alverca could have scored a couple in the first few minutes because the midfield was giving up every ball. No, Rui Bento wasn't playing, but it was teh same deal with Belenenses. I hope they get their sh*t in order, or this year will be a long inconsistent one. :(

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
They need to give Diogo a chance to show his stuff! Against Alverca the midfield wasn't as bad but against Belen it was horrible!

Given the history of how fast SCP likes to fire coaches after a few bad results Boloni should be nervous! 1-3-0 wasn't exactly how I thought we'd start the season but I'm not worried yet! Boloni and Niculae are still the men!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I agree. Boloni needs time to work, but will he get it from SCP is the quesion? :nervous:

Boloni thought Diogo was teh worst player we had, if I remember his comments correctly. I doubt he'll get the cal. The Bentos are still the men for us, they just need to produde.

After the first five lousy minutes against Alverca, they stepped up nicely, but those first five were very scary.

I still can't believe we lost that game after dominating it for so long. :(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts