Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10 minutes into the 2nd Half:

Sporting 4 - Varzim - 0

Quaresma, starting today at right wingback, is absolutely killing Varzim. He scored the first goal and has assisted on the other 3 goals.

I can't wait for next week's game!! Bring on Benfica :cool:

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Wingback? I guess we're going with a 3-5-2?

It's good to see Quaresma making the most of his chances. :)

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
The scoring as of minute 79.

2' [1 - 0] Quaresma

19' [2 - 0] Jardel

28' [3 - 0] Jardel

42' [4 - 0] Joao Pinto

It's also nice to see JVP scoring with at least some frequency (every few games). He's never been a "scorer" but he creates so many chances that he has to net a few. Too bad he doesn't have the finishing skills of a Jardel or the guy would score 40 a year. :D

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, it's more of a 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-3. Whatever way you look at it, it's quite an attacking formation.

With Benfica's and Porto's losses yesterday, we'll be moving into 1st. It wouldn't be Christmas without us in 1st. ;)

By the way, Quaresma is still playing out of his head. We've already hit 2 more posts this half off of Quaresma crosses.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Cool. You said "wingback" and i started thinking he was playing farther back like Candela and Cafu do with Roma when they run a 3-5-2. Quaresma was basically playing a midfield wing position, right?

·
Registered
864 Posts
WE'RE TOP!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Q was absolutely incredible yesterday! The moves he puts on them defenders he makes it look so easy! You can't keep one defender on Q unless he's a very good defender!

I was flipping between the patriots/browns game and Sporting/Varzim and what a great Sunday I had both my teams won!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts