Xtratime Community banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
A big win for Bruno de Trump on Saturday. He crushed the establishment's choice to remain club President. Hopefully, Filipe got to take a break from his overwhelming work schedule to toast the fearless leader.

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
The Red Press continues its assault in the Liga Salazar by having the gall to suggest that two bountiful seasons under JJ that produced the Super Cup and.....would lead to BDC possibly letting him go after the season. The idea that Sporting might avoid cutting the cord with JJ because of the amount of money they still owe him is absurd. He's doing exactly what is expected of Sporting: Not finishing in first and treating European/Portuguese cup competitions like a nuisance.

Sporting lost Joao Mario and Slimani (And Adrien spiritually) this offseason. This explain why the defense allowed over 60% more goals this season, while also scoring fewer goals. Yes, Benfica lost Gaitan and the almost ready for social security Renato (And Jardel had a lost campaign due to injury), but that is all swept away under the guise of refereeing. This includes the derby at the Avalade, where Sporting spent the final 25 minutes of the match looking like the Walking Dead after Lindelöf's goal.

bT1yz5xBmBs

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
UEFA has once again porked Sporting and put their thumb on the scales in favor of the preferred Romanian club.

That's the only way to explain the scoreless home draw for Sporting. The goose egg for qualifying to the Champions League via playoff looks to stay put. Currently 0 for 4.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,981 Posts
hahah I hope you're joking. The ref was poor all around, and he very harshly booked Pintilii before sending him off. Steaua missed a few big chances, one huge if it was any other player on the team would have likely gone in, but that's that. I'd say a draw was fair, considering all these things + Steaua were missing key players like Budescu (CAM, huge), Balasa (scored a banger free kick in the last round, key CB), and new signings Nedelcu (DM/CB) and Benzar (RB) who could have really made a difference.

I like Sporting as a club and the players they've developed over the years, but I don't see any reason to believe they got screwed by anyone here but themselves and lightweight version of Steaua. In any case, I doubt Steaua will go through, don't worry

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
I'm just providing a Filipe Reis impression while the real Filipe remains buried at work. That's what he has told Inacio as to why he stopped posting here. He definitely hasn't carried his tiresome Sporting propaganda mouth piece act to social media instead. 100% no, since he respects Inacio too much to lie to her.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,981 Posts
Aw shucks

Maybe I will help revive this forum, I am going to be watching more of Ligue 1 and Primeira Liga this season

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
Do you get Gol TV in Ontario? That is the station in the US that is carrying Portuguese matches this season. First time they have been picked up by an American station. They aired 5-6 matches live this weekend. Good station for the less popular leagues in the states. Also carries Brazilian, some Mexico, Venezuela, and Uruguay. Ligue 1 has limited matches on BeIn Sports.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,981 Posts
I think we do but I'm not a customer. I used to have Fubo and they had the Primeira, but they were too expensive for what they offered and had issues streaming. Now I have DAZN and can watch from XBOX, it's great and cheap, just hope they add Portuguese league soon. Then again they've got a beinSports sub license and direct stream to them from the app, so maybe I could catch a couple there?

If they know the Canadian market, they'll add it.. for the time being I would just use regular illegal streams lol

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
Miracle of miracles. Sporting has overcome UEFA conspiracies and their own gag reflex and are going to come thru in the clutch.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,981 Posts
Miracle of miracles. Sporting has overcome UEFA conspiracies and their own gag reflex and are going to come thru in the clutch.

Haha, congrats!

Steaua even bigger chokers than the usual Sporting in Europe, that second half was efficient as hell for Sporting.

Knew this would happen but got damn. Those transfers that couldn't play at least should help in EL, and Balasa and Pintilii back by then

Alibec, Gelson, and Bruno Fernandes best players for me. Alibec slowed down though, Budescu uninspiring return from injury, but what can you expect.. that defence is garbo

41 - 52 of 52 Posts