Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One day after the old season ended, the new starts with some great news...

Sporting announced that we renovated the contract of Iuri Medeiros, the absolute best youngster of the season that just ended. Iuri was on loan at Moreirense and had an incredible season which earned him already a secure spot in next season's first squad.

Iuri signed a deal until 2022 with a €60M buy out clause.

Attachments

·
Sportinguista
1,344 Posts
great move bringing back Medeiros, he seems to have grown a lot the last couple seasons being loaned out and I'm sure Jesus could get the best out of him.

The key will be ensuring we have guys who can score, we need 2-3 good strikers.We relied too much on Slimani this season and he could end up being sold. I think our defense is largely settled, perhaps we can improve in RB but I am liking our CBs of Coates, Semedo, Oliveira and Naldo / Ewerton.

We picked up Splavis, well see what he does. Teo was great in the final stages of the season but was a non-factor for most of it. Alan Ruiz looks promising but I believe hes more of an attacking mid.

Euro 2016 could end up encouraging someone to splash cash on William or Joao Mario.

·
Administrator
24,776 Posts
iuri is a good player, imo he should have moved already this year to sporting, specially after that all carillo issue, last year he was already on fire ( iuri, that is)

as for JJ, i can see it happenning yes, its been rumoured about since his 1st years at benfica, and tbh i doubt sporting can afford him another year

·
Sportinguista
1,344 Posts
You guys do realize all the press does is try to de-stabilize SCP?

thats one reason why BDC is active on social media ,so he can provide counter-information/propaganda to the clubs fans.

as an aside, A Bola reporting SCP is interested in Bonatini. I guarantee he will sign for Porto and the media will mock SCP by saying "Porto roubou Bonatini ao Sporting!!!"

Next season SCP will take no prisoners, the truth is coming out and Apito Vemrelho will be uncovered ... more and more are speaking out.. Sergio Conceicao, Manyel Machado.

·
Sportinguista
1,344 Posts
iuri is a good player, imo he should have moved already this year to sporting, specially after that all carillo issue, last year he was already on fire ( iuri, that is)

as for JJ, i can see it happenning yes, its been rumoured about since his 1st years at benfica, and tbh i doubt sporting can afford him another year
you are correct Iuri is indeed a good player, but he doesn't have the media pumping his tires every day like they did with Sanches and Bayern got duped to paying all that money for a butcher.

Now all the rats are coming out to slander BDC and JJ, saying their trash talk is the reason for Benfica's success this season. LOL. Every season SCP gets stronger and stronger and soon nothing will stop us.

Its funny how Benfica learned pretty well from Porto, and now the Benfiquistas have no problem with it. The current situation is worse than it ever was during PDC golden age.

·
Sportinguista
1,344 Posts
JJ already talking to Porto.......
Why don't you update us on JJ coming out and guaranteeing he is staying today and praising the club?

oh thats right you only have something to say when the press is attacking SCP and you believe it.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JJ already talking to Porto.......
Bruno de Carvalho announced today on a press conference that Sporting extended the contract of Jorge Jesus for one more season until June 2019.

:rimshot:

·
Administrator
24,776 Posts
i just read that , they called it a renewal...does that mean his wages are increasing?

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just read that , they called it a renewal...does that mean his wages are increasing?
No, it simply means that he had a contract of two more years which he accepted to extend for one more year.

It also means that our sports papers just lost 597 covers which were prepared for this pre-season.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Why don't you update us on JJ coming out and guaranteeing he is staying today and praising the club?

oh thats right you only have something to say when the press is attacking SCP and you believe it.
LOL You call that post an attack on Sporting lol. I just logged in now because I just read about it now. I do have a life. To me, what this means is that Porto had in fact made contact with JJ and JJ used this to renegotiate / extend his contract. Im pretty sure that JJ insisted on more player decision powers for himself. I dont think money was ever the issue.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Bruno de Carvalho announced today on a press conference that Sporting extended the contract of Jorge Jesus for one more season until June 2019.

:rimshot:
Well get ready for some more imports playing for Sporting. Im pretty sure the negotiations were more to do with the powers JJ has when it comes to player decisions.....

·
Registered
928 Posts
You guys do realize all the press does is try to de-stabilize SCP?

thats one reason why BDC is active on social media ,so he can provide counter-information/propaganda to the clubs fans.

as an aside, A Bola reporting SCP is interested in Bonatini. I guarantee he will sign for Porto and the media will mock SCP by saying "Porto roubou Bonatini ao Sporting!!!"

Next season SCP will take no prisoners, the truth is coming out and Apito Vemrelho will be uncovered ... more and more are speaking out.. Sergio Conceicao, Manyel Machado.

Newspapers dont try to de-stabilize any club much less Sporting. Newspapers are interested in one thing and only one thing. Selling newspapers and that usually means give what they think the readers want to read. That victim card must be getting thin by now. lol

·
Administrator
24,776 Posts
LOL You call that post an attack on Sporting lol. I just logged in now because I just read about it now. I do have a life. To me, what this means is that Porto had in fact made contact with JJ and JJ used this to renegotiate / extend his contract. Im pretty sure that JJ insisted on more player decision powers for himself. I dont think money was ever the issue.

from what i read ( was a very brief article) , if he transfers, the new club doesnt have to pay anything to sporting anymore, so basically JJ is now a free man

and yes, its funny how porto always shows up before JJ renegociates his contracts...he did the same with benfica too, so .....JJ has been using the media pretty well to improve his contracts

·
Sportinguista
1,344 Posts
All your fans do is obsess over Sporting, its crazy really

now that we became your main competition, it seems like benfiquistas are angrier than ever, burning our jerseys (i.e. like in mozambique) always talking about us on TV etc

Benfiquistas really miss the days when Porto (their lovers) was their main "enemy" and was winning titles.

·
Sportinguista
1,344 Posts
lol You dont get it. This actually kind of proves what I was saying. Never mind, not worth it.
No YOU don't get it

all you do is come in talk about how X Y or Z is leaving SCP but you never do that with your club

Media is not to be trusted with SCP stories who have an agenda and are mostly supportive of Benfica and have an anti-SCP mandate, thats why we get our info directly from BDC and the club.

·
Registered
928 Posts
No YOU don't get it

all you do is come in talk about how X Y or Z is leaving SCP but you never do that with your club

Media is not to be trusted with SCP stories who have an agenda and are mostly supportive of Benfica and have an anti-SCP mandate, thats why we get our info directly from BDC and the club.
As I posted before, no point

1 - 20 of 52 Posts