Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm not a big Sporting fan. In fact I'm a SL Benfica fan. But Sporting has great team. This is very hard to admit. But I think they can go far in next year's Champion's Leage. This year Porto another Portuguese club, nearly came close to defeating Real Madrid and with such weapons as Mario Jardel and Joao Pinto, I actually believe that Sporting can go far in the Champions Leage.
What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm not the most knowledgable fan on portuguese football, but i do believe that sporting do have a good chance of performing well in europe next year - providing they can keep their star players... namely jardel! he is a huge asset to sporting.

they wont be fancied to make it far in the champions league, so maybe the underdog status will prove to benefit them. As we all know, never underestimate an opponent!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I am a Sporting fan, caught more than half the games of their great season this year and would go cross-eyed with happiness to see them do well in the C.L. But C'mon guys, let's stay real. Even with the dynamic duo of Jardel and J.V.P., they would need quite a few breaks to prevail against the likes of REAL, ManU, Juve etc. They're simply not in that class.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
suriv said:
yeah, estás a sonhar alto soccerstar

Eu estou? E porque pensas iso? Pode ser porque o teu clube no e melhor que este. O meu clube e o Benfica, mas eu digo nada asim. Eu nao estou a sonhar, porque ha uma possibilidade que o Sporting pode ganhar. Mas ha uma coisa que fica fora de todo, e aquela coisa e que a possibilidade do o Sporting ganhar em Europa e melhor do que o teu clube e tambem o meu. Entao nenhum de nos tem o derectivo para dizer que os Sportistas estao a sonhar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts