Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only tournament left to be won is the meaningless League Cup. We are on Group C together with tonight's opponents Marítimo, Pacos de Ferreira and Rio Ave.

We are playing in Madeira and this is the starting line-up:

Marcelo Boeck
Cédric - Boulahrouz - Rojo - Insúa
Rinaudo - Elias
Ricardo Esgaio - Viola - Jeffrén
van Wolfswinkel

One minute played and Viola hits the crossbar after a great move by Esgaio on the left.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Olegário at his best booking Boulahrouz for absolutely feck all :rollani:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A very good attacking move led by Esgaio followed by a nice cross from the right by Cedric and a perfect header by van Wolfswinkel

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Are Jeffren and Ricardo rotating flanks or is he sticking to the right side?

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Nice, he's a very mobile player. Seems comfortable anywhere on the field.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice, he's a very mobile player. Seems comfortable anywhere on the field.
Yes, he is a very interesting player and he is not the only one from our B side. Looking at the performance level of 80% of the players of our first team I don't get why those kids are not having more playing time.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A good and balanced game with a fair result so far. We showed occasionally some good movements in the last third of the pitch mainly through the initiatives of Ricardo Esgaio but we keep not having an attacking midfielder playing in the middle and that simply breaks our team in two making it very hard to maintain a good attacking flow. One of the worst casting mistakes made by Freitas/Duque, who let Matías go and did not bring one single player that could remotely replace him.

Elias once again is hiding from the game, passive as DM and completely absent from any attacking responsibility. A player that seems to be not willing at all to be playing for the club showing the same type of problems that afflicted him in other periods of his career. He obviously is a quality player but he simply doesn't seem to have enough balls to be facing a situation like the one Sporting is going through right now. I hope the intense rumours about his departure in January are true because he is simply making us play with 10 men, as if we needed it.

On the positive side Ricardo Esgaio is showing once again that he should be having a permanent place in the starting XI, as apart from Capel, I don't see any other attacking midfielder in our squad with the same guts and spirit of initiative as he's been showing.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
What do you think the problem is with Elias? Motivation? Hiding an injury? Just poor form?

I would love if you "offloaded" him to us in January. :D

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A good move in our attack this time with Viola crossing from the right but Esgaio missed the finishing

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What do you think the problem is with Elias? Motivation? Hiding an injury? Just poor form?

I would love if you "offloaded" him to us in January. :D
Elias is weak psychologically. He suffered from depression when in Brazil in an important period of his career and he doesn't seem to have enough mental strength to deal with a difficult period like the one Sporting is passing through.

Some people say that Porto is interested in having him and looking at the way the post-Roquette leaders of our club have been relating with your club I wouldn't be surprised if he moves there.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2-1 to Marítimo at 64' by Márcio Rosário, a goal very similar to the first, this time after a free kick, from a foul that in fact did not exist. Sporting keeps simply not being able to defend on dead ball situations.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Two subs for us at 65':

Xandão replaces the injured Boulahrouz
Carrillo in for Jeffrén

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Boeck at fault? Listening on the radio, they said "it's games like these when you notice the class of Rui Patricio."

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Boeck at fault? Listening on the radio, they said "it's games like these when you notice the class of Rui Patricio."
No, he was not responsible for any of the goals and it is definitely not because of the goalkeepers that we are in this current situation.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts