Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed something funny about the sponsorship deals in 03/04? Both in my Zvezda and River games the deals ended after the first season. Multi-year deals were renewed in both cases, but in both cases they were set to expire the very next year.

For example, in the summer of 2004 River signed a 5-year sponsorship deal. However, it is supposed to expire in 2005?

Am I missing something, or is this another bug?

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Well, none of my current sponsorship deals have expired yet, but I did experience something similar in CM4 several times. We would sign 4-5 year deals, that would only run for a couple of seasons.

But this only occured when I was managing smaller clubs, it never happened when I was the manager of Inter.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll keep an eye out on what happens next summer. It'll be interesting to see whether the deal really expires or the expiration date is extended another year. Once it is renewed, it'll also be interesting to see whether the annual pay-out increases, decreases, or remains the same.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
In my Intercap game, the first deal expired at the end of 2004, and the next deal is going to run for three years. And ends at the end of 2008.

So it seems like I don't have this problem. They say its a 3 years deal, and it is set to run for 3 years exatcly. Also the annual pay-out did increase somewhat.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, my deal is still set to expire in 2005, though it is already 2006. But because it is a 5-year deal, and only one year has passed by so far, it might still get renewed in four years.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's strange: In 2004 we signed a 5-year-deal for 1.51 million per season, which was supposed to expire in 2005 despite being 5 years long. Now in 2006, the deal did expire, and our new deal is only worth 1.4 million.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
It is strange that they call it a 5-year deal, when it only runs for a year. But I have still not experienced this in 03/04, we signed a 3 year deal at the end of 2004, and its still running (in mid 2007).

It should end by the end of this season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts