Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a poor show at Falkirk in which we did at least get 3 points I'll be expecting more of the same against Hearts. That is to say route one hoof and hope. Hearts will be full of confidence after their good win against Motherwell in which they showed alot of character to take the full compliment of points and no doubt will fancy their chances of taking something from a frail looking Rangers side.

It will no doubt be 4-4-2 which is at least something but Lee McCulloch in central midfield? Christ just when you thought it couldn't get any more bizarre Walt pulls something new out the bag. For all is recent faults I have no idea what Hemdani must be thinking when he can't get a game in his favoured role ahead of a striker/left midfielder. Also I'm sure he's probably behind Dailly in the pecking order anyway.

Hearts will I feel win the midfield battle and we will I'm sure therefore be looking to score from setpieces, 80 yard punts and the lottery of luck. I've no idea what the team will be at this time.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I expect we'll get beat. We were lucky against Falkirk and Hearts seem to have sorted themselves out a bit this season. Even so it doesn't really matter what the opposition is, we are just so bad at the moment, so lacking in inspiration, so poor in midfield that any team from the SPL or even division 1 would have a real chance against us thanks to useless diddies on the pitch and waltersaurus on the touchline trying to live out his dream of fielding 10 central defenders in the team. :mad:

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Mendes made a big difference today. An actual midfield who can pass that ball, what the hell is that all about?

Boyd and Velicka were poor again, time to give Lafferty a go through the middle, with Beasley in left mid / wing

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Mendes was a great capture for you. scored some screamers in the prem and can really pass the ball well. add a quality defender to your squad and I think you will have what it takes to win the league. was there a demonstration held today as planned?

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well done Swoosh.

Good result. A little flattering towards the end but a good result nonetheless.

Completely agree about Mendes though I still don't think their was any excuse for route one in the first place. But having a ball player in there will hopefully mean we get back to playing football again. I thought him and Thomson complimented each other.

Agree also about the front two. Not a good pairing in my opinion. When you play either they should be played with a small fast player in my opinion. Having two slow lumbering players in attack makes it easy for the opposition defence. Though if you are playing route one then it's the best to play but hopefully that won't be the case.

The main concern for me was our right hand side. Broadfoot's distribution is pathetic and to be honest Whittaker's distribution isn't any better. That is our only two options there, discounting Dailly, and neither is good enough.

The biggest farce though again was McCulloch starting. Not surprised to see him hooked first as he was a bystander yet again. I really think Smith picks 9 outfield players, slots them in and then with the final gap puts McCulloch in there wherever that may be. As if that wasn't bad enough when he took him off he put Kenny Miller there. What is it with Rangers and playing strikers in wide midfield. It won't be long before we see Darcheville and Cousin out there too.

6 points after two games is what we hoped for and after the money that has been spent we should be expecting. Two very tough trips up next though.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
With Davis coming in we have players there to have a good balanced side with good quality in each position.

I don't see anywhere for McCulloch to fit in. He's not impressed in any position he's played and if Stoke are still interested - I'd punt him even at a cut price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts