Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is the first post of this thread missing?

Anyway, I think we all know this isn't going to be an easy match. According to Walter we should have Weir, Ferguson, and Darcheville returning to the team, which is a plus.

We did manage to beat Hibs a couple of weeks ago, but the difference this time is that Hibs know how vulnerable we've looked in the last few matches and they'll make sure they have a real go at us.

The players really need to stand up and be counted in this match because i'd almost go as far to say that it's as important as the Old Firm match next week. In my opinion if we win both matches then we'll win the league.

Walter obviously has to go with his strongest team tomorrow, whatever that is.

----------------McGregor---------------
Whittaker-------------------------Papac
-------------Cuellar---Weir-------------

------------Hemdani--Dailly-------------
--Davis----------------------------Adam
----------------Ferguson--------------

----------------Darcheville-------------

That's maybe what i'd go with because I still don't particularly like Broadfoot. I don't like Adam either, but McCulloch hasn't been playing great. Boyd's obviously been scoring, but i'd still prefer Darcheville if we're using a lone striker. Having said all that, I know Smith's team won't look like that.

I'd like to say i'm confident about the match, but i'm not. Hopefully we'll sneak it 2-1.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
its missing for me too.

tough game and i can see us dropping points unfortunately. we've been faltering the last few games and need a big performance (and result) ahead of the OF game to come.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Bizarre. It was just the usual pish anyway. :D

It's back to 4-5-1 for a home game to see if we can nick a goal. I'm past moaning so will instead just wish for the points. I didn't think Darche would start because he's just back from another injury but angle was spot on there. Adam is not even on the bench. :thmbup:

----------------McGregor---------------
Broadfoot-------------------------Papac
-------------Cuellar---Weir-------------

------------Thomson--Dailly-------------
--Davis----------------------------McCulloch
----------------Ferguson--------------

----------------Darcheville-------------

Subs: Alexander, Whittaker, Boyd, Novo, Naismith, Emslie, Furman.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Really good result.

Not a great performance though - way too hesitant. For large period of the 2nd half Hibs were on the ropes and if we had been a bit more positive should have taken 3 or 4 off them. As it was we lose a sloppy goal in the last couple of minutes then its panic stations holding out for the 3 points.

Special mention to Papac, was really good today (my MOTM) and had a great pass to set up JCDs goal.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We'll settle for that. I was more worried about this match than the Celtic one next week simply because Old Firm matches take care of themselves and the players will be up for it. Hibs late goal just illustrated the importance of getting that second goal cushion. I hate it when we seem content to hold for 1-0. As long as we've come out of the game with no new injury worries it's a good day's work.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
I didn't see or hear the game but will watch the highlights later. The main thing as said is the result and it was good to get another 3 points in the bag. Our home record in the league this season is second to none so lets hope we can continue that through to the end of the season.

Good to hear Papac had a good game. He's nothing special but I feel vastly underrated. For the past season or so he has been targeted as the weak link in our side and if there is any truth in that then I believe it's more to do with what little protection he gets in front of him. In the past few months he's been pretty solid- though still prone to the odd error. He's also made some good last gasp challenges. In particular the Cup final last week his absence was shown when De Vries skinned Broadfoot easily for the extra time goal. I doubt Papac would have sold himself so easily and still can't understand why Smith took off our only remaining left sided player at the time to put Broadfoot there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts