Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aberdeen visit Ibrox tomorrow on the back of some terrible results, whilst we've won 10 in a row in the SPL. We all know that the sheep raise their game against us, however, and our players should remember that Aberdeen were the last team to take points off of us in the SPL.

With the number of games we've got at the minute it's a big boost that Walter has most of his first-team players to choose from. Even Stevie Smith and Andy Webster are available after injury again. Darcheville faces a fitness test before the match, although Cousin will be back in the running for a place now that FIFA have finally blocked his move to Fulham. There's not much point in trying to guess what the starting line-up will be.

We all know that that mhob have a difficult match at lunch-time, but we have to concentrate on winning our own matches whatever they do. It's them that should be looking for our results. Not the other way about.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Aberdeen always try that bit harder against us and we do have a great record at Ibrox against them.

Everything points to an easy 3 points but we can't look at it like that. We need to play like we did against Hearts in every game now. I'll take a 1-0 win right now but fancy a 3-0 win.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Yes I think it will be a case of when, or if, we make the break through they will fold. They can put on a good defence show and they will try to hang on for 90 minutes for the point. We may need a bit more creativity tomorrow to open them up. Again perfect match for Buffel but it's not going to happen.

3 points any way will do and hopefully Diamond doesn't snap someone in two along the way.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rangers 3-1 Aberdeen

11 wins in a row, but I was starting to get very nervous. I've only really seen the goals on setanta. For Aberdeen's goal the marking was non-existent. The defence has looked shaky at times in the last few weeks. Cracking finish from Dailly to equalise after a typically poor Adam corner. Any striker would have been happy with that one. To be fair to Adam it was a good header to put us in front. I thought the penalty award was a little bit soft, but we definitely needed that cushion of a 3rd goal. Didn't Boyd watch the midweek highlights of Aberdeen's game? Soutar saved an identical penalty to that against Motherwell.

Our next match in the league isn't for 3 weeks, so it was even more important that we kept our run going.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
I didn't see or hear any of the game so will catch the highlights on the BBC site later in the week. From the reports it sounds like it was not a comfortable game but we rarely get those against Aberdeen anyway. On to the next one with our points advantage under our arm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts