Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the loudmouth of Livorno's President Aldo spinelli has really screwed Livorno's season after a very positive run in 2005/06.After coming out and humiliating Roberto donadoni and which eventuated into the former Milan and Italian NT star resigning from his post justifiably,the team seems in atters to fall down the table miserably since Carlo Mazzone's arrival.
As much as I respect Mazzone i take nothing of this out on him,yet Livorno were heading into a promising possible finish for the season and possibly a European place in the UEFA cup.Now if the sad slide continues they will just probably end up around mid-table if theyre lucky.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Obviously it was a bad move by Spinelli. However, it's not like their UEFA-Cup spot was secured. Donadoni's Livorno were going down, more or less, the same road as Carletto Mazzone's Livorno is going down now. But again, I would have kept Donadoni. It was obvious from day one that Livorno wouldn't be able to maintain their magnificent league position, and it's quite funny that Spinelli didn't realize that. Livorno just aren't built for that sort of business (yet).

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just read on www.tuttomercatoweb.com that Spinelli took a swipe at Donadoni saying that was always a player that was unhappy each week at the club before the game and at least one wanted to leave.I think this was a cheap shot by Spinelli as he's realised what a mistake he's made,Not saying Livorno were certain of a European spot but still they were progressing quite well with such a limited squad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts