Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trailer looked good except for the special effects. You'd think with a $200 million dollar budget they'd at least try to make the movie look real. I mean I've seen better FX in video games:eek:

I'm started to get fed up with all the CGI bullshit these days.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Yeah, CGI sucks. That was part of the reason I didn't like the first one, because one could argue that the best thing about it was the astounding photography... but then you see how pretty much all of the "photography" is CGI, and even if it's pretty damn good CGI, it's still CGI... and that ain't photography. And what's worse, they're gonna be overdoing it on this next movie.

I won't be seeing it for sure.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
but then you see how pretty much all of the "photography" is CGI, and even if it's pretty damn good CGI, it's still CGI... and that ain't photography. And what's worse, they're gonna be overdoing it on this next movie.
They didn't. Want me to elaborate?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
The first one was easily among the top 10 worse movies I've ever seen. I won't be wasting my money on it.

Such a shame the brilliant Alfred Molina is wasting himself at such a freakshow.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Characterisation-wise, the movie is quite good. In fact, Molina's character is supposedly quite well-developed here :)

Anyway I was surprised to find out that UK is only going to have the premiere on...July 15th? :eek: That's 2 weeks late...even we over here had the same opening day as in the US - 30 June. And this movie broke the box-office record...$770,000+ on its opening day, and $2.5 million after 4 days - now, considering that movie ticket is roughly $7.5-8, and there are 3.8 million people living in Singapore... 100,000ppl watched it (2.6% of population) on its opening day and 312,500 ppl after 4 days...

And not to count "busy people" like me who can only afford to watch when my schedule allows - that is, not as soon as its release... :D

Now I know why Singapore is #1 on the list of movie-goers/year!

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Well honestly if I were to go into the theatre to watch a movie called Spiderman I wouldn't give two hoots if it's CGI, photography or crayon-colouring, as long as it keeps me entertained for two hours.

And this one did. :cool: I thought it was a pretty fun movie to watch... until that whole wedding malarkey came in, that made me cringe.

That swinging thing he does when he flies around all those buildings is so damn cool.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Agree with A&K here, if you go to watch Spiderman either you are a fan of the original comics (and apparently, the films are true to the comics), or for pure escapism where you want to be entertained - these type of films are not meant to be serious.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Spidey 2 was thoroughly enjoyable :) If you excuse the Hollywood stuff and lame dialogue, I think the movie in other aspects is very entertaining. Complain if you wish about the CGI stuff, but if you're watching this movie coz of the CGI then yep, like has been said, you wont get it. I think the movie has a heart, and for the fans of the comics, this movie stays true to the comics. The villain is also not just 2-dimensional this time. There are a lot of silly comic moments too.

And the famous mocking of "my back...my back!" ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts