Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many may remember the Collage of Weimar, the When New York City Takes a Shower, at home in Barcelona, The architecture of Rotterdam threads...

According these examples Id like to encourage everyone to "draw" a picture of his/her place in this thread. From architecture, paintings, sculptures, museums to photos... Give us an impression of your city, village, surroundings or fav. place. Lets share many short stories & pictures you put up here from time to time. I already look forward reading this thread! :happy:

·
20,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let me start it off....

for about half a year my new home is in Dresden and I absolutely fell in love with this city and its surroundings.

In WWII the city was destroyed by a big part and pictures of Bernardo Bellotto (also known as Canaletto) played an important role in the reconstruction of what it once was ... The Florence of the Elbe river. Let us have a look on some of his paintings:

Kreuzkirche in Dresden (cross church) 1751 Bernardo Belotto, Oil on canvas

Dresden on the Right Bank of the Elbe 1747 Bernardo Belotto, Oil on canvas

Old market in Dresden 1751 Bernardo Belotto, Oil on canvas

Dresden from the right bank of the Elbe 1752 Bernardo Belotto, Oil on canvas

Dresden new Market 1750 Bernardo Belotto, Oil on canvas

The New Market of Dresden, 1749, Bernardo Belotto, etching, art hall Bremen

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
LB ...Great works of Art !!!! Wow..I've got to work on this....I Love Dali and his Museum in St Petersburg is one of my most favourite places in the Suncoast of Florida..My next trip there I will try do get some pics (If allowed)...

·
20,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just found a great!!!! project of a picture of Dresden, the biggest picture in the world right now with 26 gigapixel(!!!). Check it out its really impressive!

http://www.gigapixel-dresden.de/dresden26GP.en.html
(site is in english, german, french italian and russian)

·
20,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
go to the site MC, theres a story that tells about. They have processed many single pics together with a computer.

·
20,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
even though Xmas is over I still would like to show you some pics from last Xmas market in Dresden, which is one of the most famous in Germany. pics thanx to http://www.dresden01.de/

·
20,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
great to hear you like this place, Devious! And make sure you dont miss the next photo contest ;)

my contrats four you guys and your country and best wishes. Reminds me so much of Germanys reunification. :thmbup:

·
20,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
U get what U give
8,784 Posts
great to hear you like this place, Devious! And make sure you dont miss the next photo contest ;)

my contrats four you guys and your country and best wishes. Reminds me so much of Germanys reunification. :thmbup:
Thanks LaBlanca :):thumbsup: cheers buddy!

·
20,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
20,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts