Xtratime Community banner

who will get the dreaded wooden spoon? :shades:

• Don Leos De Graafschap (rightfully for his betrayal :cool: )

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ADO Den Haag (and the hoolies :cool: )

• Feyenoord (which will be Ruud Gullit biggest accheivement by far)

• Some other team....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
59,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as interesting as it is up with the top positions, there's an interesting battle going on in the lower regions of the league as always. So here's the thread to discuss all goings on down there.

Main candidates are RBC, de Graafschap, Den Bosch and even ADO are within range. Who do you reckon will be unfortunate in making the drop? one of them?

or will Ruud Gullit pull off a stunt by managing to do it with Feyenoord? :howler:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I hope Den Bosch, but I would not care if it was RBC either, since the only player I like (Ikedia) will leave anyway. As long as it's not De Graafschap because they belong in the Eredivisie and Gert Kruys is somewhat friendly. :)

·
Registered
59,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agree on de Graafschap. Always get a good turnout and probably also deserve a bigger stadium. However with Don Leo there I wouldn't mind them going down either :pp

Den Bosch only got Steve Olfers I think and with no real decent strikers, they'll find it hard. RBC with now Fortes and all the new players only need time to gel since they got able enough scorers like Hakansson or that Belgian but whether they'll gel in time will be the question, so no vote from me yet :undecide:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Hopefully ADO or NEC, but as that's unlikely, I'm afraid it will be FCDB. De Graafschap really deserves to be in the Eredivisie, just as FCDB as a club. I think de Graafschap can stay up as they've got a great atmosphere at de Vijverberg, 10000 fans every 2 weeks supporting them, that can make a difference with RBC and FCDB I think as they lack that are just as poor on the pitch, as RBC can field their strongest XI I feel they're just a bit better than FCDB... so I'm afraid for Den Bosch.

So... who will get the dreaded wooden spoon?
Hopefully ADO or NEC, probably FCDB or RBC.

·
Registered
59,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
decided to go for Den Bosch cos of their lack of scoring goals

De Graafschap score more while RBC still have Smolders / Hakansson plus now a better defender in Fortes R.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
I went for RBC, they lost their solidness again after the departure of Maaskant, who himself hasn't sorted things out either at Willem II. Although like you said they have a better scoring potential then their 'provinciegenoot' Den Bosch, but if just have to feeling that Den Bosch will just edge them. Getting some unexpected points here and there. With their only interesting player Vd Laak scoring a couple.

De Graafschap, especially after their unexpected three points against Roda, should stay ahead of these two. Also cause they can benefit the most from their homecrowd.

·
Registered
59,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RBC winning in the Gelredome :eek: something we haven't ever managed ! (not that it's something to measure with but still)

anyone wanting to change his prediction now? ":pp

·
Registered
59,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bleh, Den Bosch can't score for love nor money :eek:

when will the everlasting talent Dennis Schulp fulfill his potential?!

good win for the superboeren and Sousa showed that he could do more that go forward with that header off the line :thmbup: Van Beukerings been starting to fulfill his potential though for the superboeren, finally

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Just bring this one back, since with those wins in game no one had expected Den Bosch is really back in the running. If PSV is in the mood today to make it a nice spectacle against De Graafschap they even can come close to the Superboeren in goaldifference too.

Well done, at first i thought the sacking of Wisman was just something useless, but it has had it's effect. Not experienced as something nice by everyone here at Xtratime of course, but it at least brought the suspense back at the bottom.

·
Registered
59,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bit of an anti-climax in the end with both sides losing.

Highlight of the day being that police or stewarts dog which bit off the touchjudges shorts :D

anyone know what the pools are for the na competitie btw? couldn't find them :eek:

·
Registered
59,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks!

RBC, Telstar Stormvogels, VVV and FC Volendam in Pool A

De Graafschap, Sparta, Helmond Sport and FC Zwolle in Pool B

so what do you guys reckon?

I have a feeling that RBC just hit some form in the right time and will stay up. Shame for VVV as I keep on reading that they were the best footballing side of the GG divisie

while in the other pool, I think Sparta will do it in the 2nd call of asking. De Graafschap just have so many zero quality players like Bram Bus and Glen Loovens.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Looking at the form of RBC I expect a sweep from them in that group. De Groot is a proven goalscorer in the first division, so he should be excited by the prospect by playing against those teams again. With the points they gathered in the end (32) i also think they deserve to stay for another season in the league.

I hope the other group can be won by Sparta. Although I think they will ruin it again, most likely in a game too against a team with no chance anymore.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Spoke to soon about Sparta. I saw on tt that they even ruined it in the first game already at home against Helmond. De Graafschap came back from 0-2 to win their game against Zwolle.

In the other group it will simply be an orange battle.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts