Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Athletic Bilbao champ in Spain

This sunday athletic bilbao has reached the campionship, the last match had an audience of 35.000 people wich is the new record in spain for a female football match, as u can see im really happy for this :D :D, it was so amazing that every tv news around spain talked about that incredible croud of people at a women match.
I hope this will be the beginin of a new brilliant age of female football in spain, with the incoming at liga of rayo (with ronaldo's wife) and a great club like fc barcelona the next season can be fantastic

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
How did Bilbao win the championship?

They were tied on points (55) with Levante UD, had one less win (17 vs. 18), scored fewer goals, and had an inferior goal difference (90-16 vs. 100-11).

Why wasn't Levante declared the champion?

The answer seems to be that Bilbao won out in head-to-head matches against Levante.

Seems pretty cheap to me.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeff said:
How did Bilbao win the championship?

They were tied on points (55) with Levante UD, had one less win (17 vs. 18), scored fewer goals, and had an inferior goal difference (90-16 vs. 100-11).

Why wasn't Levante declared the champion?

The answer seems to be that Bilbao won out in head-to-head matches against Levante.

Seems pretty cheap to me.
The answer is that the add of the goals scored in both head to head matces (athletic 1-1 levante and levante 0-1 athletic) is favourable for athletic.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
It should be called the Champions League, of course.

Do the men's soccer teams in Spain have the same bizarre tie-breaking rule as the women?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jeff said:
It should be called the Champions League, of course.

Do the men's soccer teams in Spain have the same bizarre tie-breaking rule as the women?
Yes

·
Registered
604 Posts
Spain's women's league

The top Division de Honor has 12 teams, but what of the second division? I remembered that there 4 or 5 regional leagues and the winners advance to a play-off to decide the national champion.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
There are actually 6 regional Groups in the "National" league.

The champions of the six regional Groups will hold a promotion playoff. There will be 2 pools of 3 teams each. Each pool will hold a round-robin series (i.e. three games) and the pool winners will be promoted to the División de Honor, also known as the Superliga.

There will be no relegations from the Superliga, with the result that the number of teams will increase from 12 to 14 for the 2003-04 season.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Are you talking about the same "divisions"?

According to this link, at least, Athletic was the winner of the División de Honor. Barcelona wasn't even in the same division.

Can you give us a link to a web page that tells us how Barcelona did this year, -=*[BarSel]*=- ?

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
The misunderstanding comes because the First Division is called Superliga or División de Honor while the Second Division is called Primera Nacional, name that sounds like First Division. Actually is not a second division at all, as has been explained in this thread it´s composed of 6 groups.

Barça has been champion of their Primera Nacional group, and if I´m not wrong they have win in the playoffs so they will play in Superliga next season.

SUPERLIGA
http://members.tripod.com/futbolfemenino/Superliga.htm

NACIONAL GRUPO 3
http://members.tripod.com/futbolfemenino/nacional_grupo_iii.htm

1 - 19 of 19 Posts