Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Madrid, March. 26 (AP): Spanish singer and actress Rocio Durcal, has died at her home in Madrid, news reports said.

She died yesterday and was aged 61.

Durcal, whose real name was Maria de los Angeles de las Heras Ortiz, had been suffering from cancer of the womb, Spanish National Radio reported, citing relatives. A star since childhood, Durcal acted in many films but was also famous for her singing, particularly Mexican 'rancheras.'

Durcal was diagnosed with cancer in 2001, the national news agency Efe said. She was forced to cancel a tour of Latin America in 2004 because of her sickness, the agency added.

Born into a family of six, Durcal's success in various radio shows quickly attracted film makers in the 1960s and 1970s. In all, she made some 15 films, including 'Cancion de Juventud,' (Song of Youth) and Rocio de La Mancha' and 'Marianela,' in which she acted sang and danced.

She made her first trip to Mexico when she was 17 and has been popular there and throughout Latin America, as well as Spain, ever since.

"She was a fabulous actress and a marvelous singer with great sensibility and I feel so sorry," said veteran Spanish actor Jose Luis Lopez Vazquez, who starred with Durcal in the 1963 film 'la Chica del Trebol.'

In the 1980s Durcal decided to dedicate herself almost exclusively to singing and was greatly admired for the richness of her voice and range of song, from flamenco to ballads, rock and roll and romantic songs as well as paso dobles and rancheras.

During her career she performed along side stars such Julio Iglesias, Joan Manuel Serrat, Luis Miguel, Ricky Martin, and Alejandro Sanz.

GOD Bless her soul and her family. She was truly the greatest female Latin singer ever!!!

Me enamore con tus canciones, descansa en paz, y que DIOS te tenga en su gloria!

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
RIP

One of the biggest things in music of the last 30 years. It's not my style, but definitely a big loss.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts