Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all saw what happened to Eto'o yesterday, when are the spanish FA gonna do something about it?

Giving out fines of a few hundred euros won't help.

Spanish football is in deep crisis and their attitude is not helping.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
What happened.. could you please Elaborate... (know u are good in that :D)

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The vile spanish were taunting Eto'o about his skin then he went over to that Zaragoza defender and pointed to his skin saying he is also black and he plays for your team.

Eto'o then almost walked off, Dinho had to pull him back.

Zaragoza's fans will regret that when their club gets a whopping 500 Euros fine. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
How does this make Spanish football a disgrace? I am sorry, but the vast majority of Spanish fans are civilised, educated people who come to football matches for a good time and to enjoy themselves, they have no connection with these racist morons whatsoever.

Eto'o should have finished off the job and walked off the pitch, followed by Ronaldinho.

Still, the threat to leave the field was made and hopefully this will make the Spanish authorities realise that they MUST deal with this problem. Zaragoza should be forced to pay a heavy fine for failing to control their fans, I am talking a fine in the region of €200,000. The only way these clubs will take this issue seriously is if you hurt them where it hurts the most- their pocket.

Also, I would recommend a point deduction scheme for teams who fail to deal sufficiently with known racist individuals. If clubs know they face potential heavy fines AND point deductions, the problem will be eradicated. And if not, they can get relegated and/ or financially crippled.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
L-Phen, there is no point in trying to protect them, this isn't the first time this has happened. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Red Bed said:
L-Phen, there is no point in trying to protect them, this isn't the first time this has happened. :rolleyes:
Protect who? I am sorry for trying to defend the 32,000 Zaragoza fans who paid good money to watch their team play. :rollani:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's like pocket money to these dynamos, they need to do something drastic.

Like closing the whole stand in which the abuse came from, it would be unfair to make all the fans locked out.

Only one stand, that would send out a message to the others(Real Madrid fans) to not do stuff like that. :thumbsup:

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Ah well, apparently Eto'o brought his son to London during the CL tie to have a look round to see if it was suitable for him. I don't think he'll be getting abused in Spanish stadia beyond the summer.

Honestly, the best thing players can do is demand to leave the league if they feel abused if the authorities aren't going to do anything about it. We'll see how their pure white teams do against teams with players of "inferior" colour in the CL then. My guess is it won't be pretty.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Red Bed said:
Only one stand, that would send out a message to the others(Real Madrid fans) to not do stuff like that. :thumbsup:
Ahh, yes.

The same Real Madrid fans who applauded Ronaldinho, how racist we must be. Applauding a colored player who just destroyed our team. :rollani:

Stop generalising Red Bed.

The fact is that these racists are in the minority.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
L-Pheno said:
Ahh, yes.

The same Real Madrid fans who applauded Ronaldinho, how racist we must be. Applauding a colored player who just destroyed our team. :rollani:

Stop generalising Red Bed.

The fact is that these racists are in the minority.
It's still a minority the clubs and the FA refuse to do something about.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The thing is, this keeps on happening several grounds in Spain.

So you can't just dismiss this a "minority", that is foolish and ignorant.

As I said, drastic measures must be taken in order to let these vile animals know that we are living in a cosmopolitan world, there are white, black, yellow, people, you must respect everyone.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
And until they do that I'll consider Spanish football a disgrace in that respect, as I will Italian football. We had the same problems and have 99.9999% solved them, I don't see why others can't. If someone is racially abusing a player then ban them from the stadium. There'd be no need for the FA to take action if the clubs handled it themselves.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Red Bed said:

As I said, drastic measures must be taken in order to let these vile animals know that we are living in a cosmopolitan world, there are white, black, yellow, people, you must respect everyone.

It's a minority. It's a minority that needs to be addressed, though.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Red Bed said:

Lol, you don't get it do you?

Minority of the fans at several grounds.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
The Spanish Liga is not to be blamed nor the clubs or fans / spectators. It is that small quantity of ignorant Jonathan Woodgates in the stands responsible for this idiotic behaviour.

The stadiums which have these fans need to be banned heavily with deduction of points if this happens again wherever that may be in the world. A stadium ban is another option and arresting these individuals which is a bit hard in such a big crowd should be considered with evidence to prosecute them.

Don't blame the league. It is the minority of idiots who don't realize that it is 2006. It depends from person to person who is being racially abused but I would take it as a motivation to stick it back to the people and piss them right off. It's just like school. The kid that gets annoyed the most easily is the one who gets picked on the most. ;) Eto'o needs to be a bit of a man rather than a ponce who gets angry like a little girl when he is picked on. Same goes for Assley Cule.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
I can normally see your point of view on things Haroon but when you're being barracked about your colour by hundreds of people in a stadium how are you supposed to concentrate on the game?

The racists are the main culprits obviously but who lets the racists into the grounds?

Saying the players should just get over it is the worst solution ever.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.