Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first spanish gold!!!

Samuel Sanchez won the first gold for spain after 245,4km of road-cycling.

Felicidades!!!!
:smileani::smileani::smileani:

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Cycling is a farce... There is not a single individual competing who is not doped up or at least borderline druggie... My friend used to compete and claimed that people who are not in the sport would be shocked how casually they shoot up in cycling... he also quit because nowadays it is not really "performance enhancing", but a requirement at the top level...

·
Registered
931 Posts
Good enought 18 medals, 5 gold. It's our best performance after Barcelona 92, the athletics and swiming were terrible, we need to improve new policies for those sports... the teams were the best (specially Basket) and of course the ATP 1 Rafa Nadal, we are growing in the rank but we have a deep gap with many NT's, we will not be USA, USSR/Russia or China who have hundreds of millions people, but we must overcome NT's as Finland or Sweden even Hungary who won many medals in the oldest Olympics but today aren't at the same level than in the past, the reverse of our performance that was very poor in the past and is far better since 92. GB, Germany/RDA, France, Italy, Japan and Australia are far better in the past and today but for the rest I hope we can overcome them in next years, what it's a mistery is those ex-USSR as Ukranie or Georgia (also Cuba) they have till now the heritage but I think they will go down in next games, and of course there are rising countries as Jamaica or African countries who step by step become Citius, Altius, Fortius...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts