Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Udinese coach Luciano Spalletti has reflected on the last couple of years in charge and feels that the club have done wonders.
Spalletti has not splashed much cash and has achieved positive results with a policy of bringing through younger players.

The Italian tactician told skysports.com that he is happy with his time at Udinese :proud: and is delighted with the results he has achieved.

"If I have to make a general analysis I can say the result of last two years is positive," Spalletti told skysports.com.

"We have been able to build a young and interesting squad and, considering the situation of Italian football in which there are many difficulties, we can say we have been good.

"I work in a good way with my club in this sense."

Udinese are in seventh place in Serie A and are pushing to obtain a place in European competition next season.

Spalletti admitted that this is their aim, even if he underlined that it will not be easy.

"Europe? It's clear we are having a thought over this. Being able to achieve a Uefa Cup place is our seasonal aim.

"But considering how our opponents are going, Sampdoria expecially, we will definitely have to work hard to obtain it."

There are also several rumours about many of Udinese's players who are being linked with possible moves from the club in the summer.

"Market rumours? I try to struggle against them in the dressing room and during the meetings there are with players," Spalletti continued.

"If, in a team, there aren't players with human and professional qualities, rumours can trouble because it's a thing that can become dangerous.

"And this is what I do with my players. In football you must show humility and sacrifice. This is the job of a coach, on a psychological level he must avoid these troubles."

As for the race for Il Scudetto, Udinese's coach admitted that in his opinion the title will be claimed by Milan.

"The championship will be won by Milan. Roma can make good things, but in my opinion they won't be able to recover the disadvantage.

"Even if in football everything is possible, Milan will win."

:proud: i love u coach:proud:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Yeah he has done an excellent job so far...hope he continues to do well...:)

Though he needs to be able to keep players...and not see new faces every year...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts