·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Missed the first 55. But caught goals 2 and 3

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Young assist

Gag managed to score from less than 6 yards this time..

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Enough goals just pass the ball around

No point scoring 5 or 6

Esposito ffs

Bring him on for alexis

·
Greta joke sharer
23,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Weird that Esposito isn't getting any minutes.

Reactions: Nerazzurri4life

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Gents, 1 point needed for CL football

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Alexis looks great all of a sudden

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Pirola and Esposito on, nice.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Our last 2 visits to Spal finished 1-1 and 1-2, ftr

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
We got Motta fired and looks like we will get dibi fired too..

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Ft 0-4

Biggest away win of the season

Only Spal though.. but 3 points are 3 points.

Clean sheet for a change

Alexis and the wingbacks the keys tonight.

Forza Inter

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Pirola looked ok/decent, though match was dead already when he came on.

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
From our remaining 5 games, 4 are tough.

I can really see us dropping points against Roma, Fiorentina, Napoli and certainly losing away to Atalanta.

Obviously we will make the CL but I don't see us getting 2nd.

We might nip Lazio to 3rd place if they lose away to Juve and Napoli.

Atalanta pretty much guaranteed 2nd given their run-in, although Milan could cause them problems.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Alexis Sanchez has assisted EIGHT different Inter players this season:

Vecino (4-2 Milan derby)
Lukaku (Alexis won a penalty v Udinese)
Biraghi (Sassuolo)
Young (Brescia)
Gagliardini (Brescia)
Godin (Torino)
Lautaro (Torino)
Candreva (Spal)

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
From our remaining 5 games, 4 are tough.

I can really see us dropping points against Roma, Fiorentina, Napoli and certainly losing away to Atalanta.

Obviously we will make the CL but I don't see us getting 2nd.

We might nip Lazio to 3rd place if they lose away to Juve and Napoli.

Atalanta pretty much guaranteed 2nd given their run-in, although Milan could cause them problems.
Well we moved from finishing 4th in the last 10 minutes of the season to needing 1 point from 5 games to finish 4th at worst. Not bad

The current Lazio team can't even beat juve Stabia let alone juve or Napoli , so 3rd looks likely.

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
@Nacka don't wash your shirt.

Alexis was ridiculously good today.

Young was awesome when he came on.

Man U Boys killing it! @Ronaldwho?

Reactions: Nerazzurri4life

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Hey Interisti,

I hope you're well, been a long time since i wrote (after the Triplete in 2010?).

Really need to rant about this squad.

We win against small teams, but we're in trouble against proper teams. We're slow, predictable, uninspiring and our style is probably the worst in Serie A.

Never seen an Inter team this bad. Look bad on the field, most players are getting worst and big money is invested for an ungrateful coach who throws the club under the bus whenever a result do not go his way.

The mere fact that Skriniar is in discussion makes me sick. I now read that Conte did not want Eriksen, only wanted Vidal? I'll bet 10k that they asked him if he wanted Eriksen and he said yes.

Spalletti was terminated after overperforming during is stay, having embodied our identity (Really Sad).
Conte will never get his way and kill our DNA (PAZZA), if he does not understand it yet he'll learn it the hard way (hopefully by the end of the season).

I'm in pain watching this, real pain.
Welcome back

I think you are exaggerating and being overly negative

Only Atalanta have scored more than Inter so far in the league. And it's Conte's first season so we will improve next season.

Never saw an Inter team this bad? Not even Tardelli's or Gasperini's or Ranieri's or Stramaccioni's or Pioli's or De Boer's ? Come on.

As for winning against small teams, if only we won against them more we would be top now.

We did beat Napoli, Lazio and Milan this season though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome back

I think you are exaggerating and being overly negative

Only Atalanta have scored more than Inter so far in the league. And it's Conte's first season so we will improve next season.

Never saw an Inter team this bad? Not even Tardelli's or Gasperini's or Ranieri's or Stramaccioni's or Pioli's or De Boer's ? Come on.

As for winning against small teams, if only we won against them more we would be top now.

We did beat Napoli, Lazio and Milan this season though.
[/QUOTE
@Nerazzurri4life glad to be discussing this with you, thanks for humoring me :)

I think that today Inter looks better than it should because Lazio and Atalanta faultered just recently, the last 2 wins relieved some pressure from the situation. There was chaos in Interland just last week, we won against SPAL today and all is well...

None of the aforementioned coaches had the time and the type of money to invest that Conte had, if we need to compare let's compare him with Mancini and Mourinho.
Even Mazzari's 3-5-2 was more entertaining to me (but with s***tier players).

Yes initially he brought enthousiasm, structure and credibility to the role but he has wait too much leeway (because of Marotta?). This squad has everything it needs TODAY to win Serie A by a slight margin but unfortunately we do not adapt our tactic to fit our players strengths.

The team would win even more against small teams if players were allowed more freedom on the pitch, Conte's rigidity with his build-ups and movement makes it extra difficult to break down defenses. The physical toll our pressing puts on players body must not help either.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
Welcome back, @kiwwy20

Totally disagree about Conte's system. I really like it. Defined roles and spaces and defined responsibilities with much more freedom in the final 3rd. Very broadly speaking, that's how Guardiola likes it too.

Conte was hailed as a genius, with acknowledgments that this was his first year and that players need more time and that new players were needed. We flopped hard after the COVID break and that suddenly means the system was crap all along? Doesn't compute at all, imo.

New players are needed to beef up the squad and especially the midfield. Valero and Gagliardini (and Vecino) are not the players who should be playing as much as they do. It seems that the players we get should have this measure of intelligence (aside from the usual things like desire to win, etc.). If you look at how Young came in and almost immediately adapted and how Sanchez can play anywhere and deliver, this seems clear. Lukaku, to his credit, levelled up his game with his back to goal. This is really important and we see how the interplay with the 2nd forward (Lautaro) can unlock many opportunities. Obviously, we are still too predictable sometimes but we see that the two forwards can also play in other players who can score. Candreva's been demonstrating this recently and Hakimi was certainly purchased to level us up further.

The addition of a player like Kanté would be amazing. If fit, he can break down opponents and keep us on the front foot. We are looking at Tonali to unlock opportunities from deep. I really like the path we're on and I think the Inter top brass should give Conte 1000% support.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts