• Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
-

ARENA FONTE NOVA

We will finally be able to see the two most recent finalists square off again in the first matchday for Group B. Will we see another 0-0 after the first 90 minutes or will we see some goals this time?

Predictions? I have a 1-1 draw for this one, Iniesta and Van Persie score.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Big game, but I fancy Spain

·
Roland Romeyer
1,517 Posts
Come on Netherlands!

·
LEGEND:Sir Bobby
7,222 Posts
if spain play even to their 50%,then they'll win.simple as that!

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
The dutch will play without expectations, that will help!

·
Registered
99 Posts
For Holland probably this.

Will be really surprised if Holland come out with a back 3. Spanish newspapers have reported that in training sessions they have been using a formation with 5 at the back. Del Bosque is likely to go with Pedro instead of Silva in midfield with is a more direct attacking option so that may have something to do with it.

Opening games are usually hard to predict so nothing will really surprise me here.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Will be really surprised if Holland come out with a back 3. Spanish newspapers have reported that in training sessions they have been using a formation with 5 at the back. Del Bosque is likely to go with Pedro instead of Silva in midfield with is a more direct attacking option so that may have something to do with it.

Opening games are usually hard to predict so nothing will really surprise me here.
Well, of course our wingbacks Janmaat and Blind probably won't go forward that much against Spain so then we have 5 at the back. I think Spain will take the initiative and go out and attack to pressure us (since our defense is our weakest link) and then we'll go for the counter attack and give all balls to Robben, who hopefully can avoid the toe of Casillas this time. :D

·
Registered
59,067 Posts

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Official line-up

Spain : Casillas - Azpilicueta, Ramos, Piqué, Alba - Busquets, Xavi, Xabi Alonso - Iniesta, Diego Costa, Silva.

Netherlands : Cillessen - Janmaat, Vlaar, de Vrij, Martins Indi, Blind - de Jong, de Guzmán, Sneijder - Robben, van Persie

1 - 20 of 303 Posts