Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guti, Senna and Cesc are the new players in the squad with Raul not being called up due to coming back from injury recently.

Full squad:

- Cesc, Reyes (Arsenal).

- Pablo, Antonio Lopez, Fernando Torres (Athletic of Madrid).

- Puyol (Barcelona).

- Joaquin, Juanito (Betis).

- Capdevila (Depor).

- Luis Garci'a, Morientes, Reina and Xabi Alonso (Liverpool).

- Casillas, Michel Salgado, Sergio Ramos and Guti (Real Madrid).

- Albelda, Baraja, Marchena and Villa (Valencia).

- Senna (Villarreal).

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
valenciaholic said:
Drogba will kick some spanish *ss
I hope so

I think it's shameful that Senna plays for Spain.
Appart from his doubtful merits to be there, I'm sure he can locate more than 3 cities of spain in the map, or he even can name 3 cities without a football team in first division

Del Horno out for 1 bad match and Capdevilla in? :googly:

And Cesc is great, but he's there only just for wednesday match

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Cluny said:
I hope so

Appart from his doubtful merits to be there, I'm sure he can locate more than 3 cities of spain in the map, or he even can name 3 cities without a football team in first or second division.
Who gives a shit? Look at Beckham he speaks awful english and still plays for England.

I don't think footballers are used in terms of their home knowlegde. Otherwise it would be Who Wants to be A Billionaire Footballer.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
CorazonMerengue said:
Who gives a shit? Look at Beckham he speaks awful english and still plays for England.

I don't think footballers are used in terms of their home knowlegde. Otherwise it would be Who Wants to be A Billionaire Footballer.
So it's stupid to do international competitions

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Cluny said:
Don´t you read the newspapers? Asier has horns, tail and eats children at night.;)

BTW, if you want to see Cani in the WC you guys in Zaragoza better start working on the rumours of signing for Madrid/Barça/Atlético/Valencia, if not you know it´s impossible.;)

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Oh, we will win for sure.

Overall it looks like expected. I don´t either wont Senna playing that much, and defintively not a World Cup, but you know that has been the talkingpoint around the seleccion some months know and you can´t been that suprised. But don´t worry, it´s only march and it is his first callup, he hasn´t shined lately so one or two poor performance in the spanish squad and he is out of the picture. If he is likely to play that is.

I am a bit disappointed that Cani wasn´t selected and why is Del Horno left out?

Mixed feeling about Morientes, he hasn´t convinced if we say so for Liverpool, but this is seleccion and here he plays well for the most of the time. In November he seemed to work pretty well with Villa when Guaje scored for the first time for us. Garcia, has he even recovered fully from his injuries? But he is in serious terms with Aragones so he should be there.

Marchena, Marchena Marchena. Always this Marchena. Would have Oleguer over him and i am serious.

Where is Canyete?

Happy for Cesc. He was applauded at Bernabeu against Real Madrid and this call up has been going on for a long time. Cesc is the shit.

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
Funny how Marchena gets in the squad when he is being put on the bench by a 20 year old kid. I'm talking ofcourse of Albiol. Actually I would rather see Albiol get a chance in the NT than having Marchena in the team.

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
Cluny said:
I hope so

Appart from his doubtful merits to be there, I'm sure he can locate more than 3 cities of spain in the map, or he even can name 3 cities without a football team in first division

Del Horno has been shambolic for the chavs lately. Mourinho will most likely kick him out and ask for another LB to do his bidding on the pitch and as discreetely as possible. Capdevila has been quite good too actually. Still, I think it was wrong not to include Del Horno.

About Senna. Well, does Spain really have a quality pure DM other than Albelda? Atleast Senna plays CL-football.

Fabregas deserves to be there, so does Iniesta, Albiol and especially Cani. What is Morientes still doing in the NT?

The reason that he didn't bring in Iniesta or another new CM/AM is maybe that he's still counting on Xavi to make it.

1 - 20 of 286 Posts