Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Ireland (PKs)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spain has looked good offensively but some what suspect defensively. Ireland and it's never die attitude and opportunistic goalscoring will be a stiff challenge for the Spanish.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
Spain's Run comes to an end Vs The Irish Luck !!
Im going green on my vote !!!

;)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I may be mad, but to go to this game at the weekend I'm flying:

Dublin->Birmingham->Dubai->Bangkok->Seoul

and back home thro that same route. So they better not lose!!!

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
I voted for a win by Spain but I clicked on penalties by mistake... doh! We're vulnerable at the back but Im happy with the way we're playing and confident about our chances. Will be close but I think we have the quality to win... now where have I heard that before?

COME ON SPAIN!!!

Badge, that is some journey to get there. Enjoy the consolation beers after the game. ;)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
yeah we looked at it again and said nah! Booked a different package that will get us there direct for a 3 night stay in Seoul. Off in the morning. Deadly!

I think we can take this game but only on penos.

·
Registered
966 Posts
We're favorites and I think we'll qualify for quarter-finals. Ireland's not an easy team, but Spain is definitively more powerful; if we play like we know Ireland doesn't stand a chance:)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Ireland shouldn't be underrated, even without Keano, because they have younger Keane, and his amazing goal celebrations, together with players like Ian Harte, etc. Still though, I hope my Spain go through, I think they're getting more powerful by the game, and I really can't see them bowing out 'till they meet Denmark ;).

Daniel

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Well, with some big teams crashing out and others on the edge, Spain should make the most of this opportunity.

But for some reason i feel Ireland will win :eek:

I am cheering for Spain though. Just a few teams with what IMO is entertaining football and i hope they don't crash out now! :fero:

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi everyone..

Well although I've really enjoyed Ireland's football.. pretty proffesional stuff especially in the 2nd half of each and every game they've played.. I'm going with Spain.. they have simply been a joy to watch.. and basically know how to recover from conceding a goal..

Ok.. I know the rule over Raul scoring in two internationals in a row.. but I think he can do it.. and even if he doesn't.. I think Morientes and the lads from midfield (especially Valeron and Mendieta) can... which does bring a big question mark.. with the way Mendieta played against South Africa.. how can Camacho keep him out??!! He's certainly better than De Pedro or Luis Enrique.. and Helguera is the same when compared to Baraja who I haven't been impressed with at all..

Anyway.. I still think Spain should make it through.. not as comfortably as they did in the group stage..

(One more thing.. SOMEONE TELL CAMACHO TO WEAR HIS JACKET!!! I've had ENOUGH of his wet arm pits by now!! :D)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
when we was 1 goal lost after first half against Paraguay, i believe most of you thought we would be hopeless.we took the old mind to estimate our guys.but our guys hadnt lost the confidence.that's the key match we held the chance on the worldcup.then we went smoothly.

so,vampire,we will come on again.so i hope you are wrong.

i vote for win for sure.:fero:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Spain!

Spain has been "hiding" but now they can't do that anymore. La Primera is the best league in the world. Now it's time for the NT to show Spanish football is superior ;)

Spain - World Champions 2002

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
I'm not going to support any team here.

But i will say it takes a brave man to bet against Ireland.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Yasir said:
(One more thing.. SOMEONE TELL CAMACHO TO WEAR HIS JACKET!!! I've had ENOUGH of his wet arm pits by now!! :D)
lol, me too. In an humoristic program in Spanish TV they were announcing a special deodorant for him :D

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I think this game could come down to who wants it more. I haven't been terribly impressed with Ireland, but I think some of you here don't notice how strong the mentality in our camp is right now. By the game we have improved on our game and I hope this won't be any different. We have loads of options and now almost all of them have been used with eachother one way or another. We believe this is our year and after 68 years of this tournie, we are truly playing with our heart. But, not being over optimistic, we have a tough challenge in the Irish. The thing I am worried is there long speedy runs and how we can be vulnerable in the air with them, especially with Harte's free-kicks. He has a dangerous curler that can catch alot of our men offtrack in the area so we must be aware. I saw there game vs. Cameroon which didn't over impress at all, cs. Germany without the late equaliser was much of a lucklaster match. The thing I noticed about the Irish, without any disrespect meant is that they don't seem to have much flare or skillfull players. They do know how to run, cross and most players have deadly shots, but when it comes to skill they lack big in this department. Another thing Spain should use to our advantage is if you think our CD is bad, vs. Germany Ireland's was awful. If Janker and Klose could get through, Raul-Mori will give you much more of a headache.

Anyway, I hope we can pull it off, this is my starting 11 from the previous games, but it probably won't be used.

GK: Casillas
Puyol-Hierro-Helguera-Romero
LE21-----Mendieta------De Pedro
-----------Valeron-----------------
----Raul-----Morientes-----------

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yasir said:

Bwaahahahaa..... enough sweat there to fill a lake :D

For the record, im tipping Spain to win... in extra time/Golden Goal

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Their strengths are that they play as a team and are a good unit, their qualification to the WC in a group including Portugal and Holland is proof of that. Duff is their main man down the left wing, a player I have always liked. Their aerial presence worries me, especially if Casillas has to come to collect and does his flapping. SPANIARD youre right about Harte, has a sweet left foot but he isnt the best defensively.

We need to take this game by the scruff of its neck by winning the midfield battle and if we do this we're halfway there. I wonder what Camacho will do about the right of midfield, I was very impressed by Joaquin in the last game and would like to see him take part in this game. I think his contrinbution to Raul's goal has guaranteed that, whether its from the start or at a later stage is another matter.

Come on SPAIN!

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
this match will be solved by two confrentations

Steve staunton - raul

Duff - Puyol

ive no doubt raul will get the edge over staunton and the puyol-duff confrontation will be key. remember we got a duff beater on the bench so if its going on we need some pace and joaquin magic.

im hoping and preying spain will win because i know the gritt and determination of the irish.

good to know that camacho isnt underestimating them either

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yasir said:

One of the most funny remarks yet.. Keep them coming - we might need something to laugh about as our team gets knocked out of the tournament...Could happen already tomorrow to me.. Hope not but you never know!

1 - 20 of 133 Posts