Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Del Bosque has released his call ups for his first game since taking over the team and it does have a few surprises. Iraola and Amorbieta are called up from Athletic and finally somebody has called up Capel, which gives the indication that Del Bosque might actually revert to playing with wingers instead of the wingless formation Aragones used at the Euro cup. Bojan is also called up, other than that its pretty much the same squad that was used by Aragones.

Full squad:

Amorebieta e Iraola (Athletic)
Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta y Bojan (Barcelona)
Juanito (Betis)
Güiza (Fenerbahçe)
Reina, Xabi Alonso y Fernando Torres (Liverpool)
Casillas, Sergio Ramos y De la Red (Real Madrid)
Fernando Navarro y Diego Capel (Sevilla)
Albiol, Silva, David Villa (Valencia)
Capdevila, Senna y Cazorla (Villarreal)

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I bet 13-14euros on you. Might be a bad bet, being a friendly and all. But chances are i'll double it.

What is the probable lineup?

Something like this perhaps?:

________Villa
Silva____Iniesta___Cazorla
________Xavi_______
_______Senna
Capdevilla Albiol Puyol Ramos
________Casillas

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Nice start for VDB. 3-0 against a half decent Danish side. I listened to the match and apparently Capel was amazing. Assisted two of the goals I believe. We may have our next winger for Spain.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Very good second half. VdB kept relatively the same idea of Luis but I think he lets the fullbacks play a bit more advanced and a little less controlled, which Luis did after the loss to France. I think VdB will pick it up as well. Also I liked the variety on show, the constant football of the midfield which won the Euro's was used but also when Capel came on they targetted him more and to play with a bit more directness from his wing. It was good and overall the midfield looked good. Xavi was also given a bit more freedom and told to worry less about defending in the second half as well, but with Senna and Xabi playing well and the attackers all moving it worked.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Anyone got the links to the full match torrent?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts