Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the most meaningless and pointless friendlies i can remember in a long time sees us play Chile at the Madrigal on November 19 and i guess Del Bosque sees it the same way as i do judging by his list. Fernando Llorente (Athletic) makes the cut along with Mata (fully deserved) while dropping Iraola, F. Navarro, Bojan along with Iniesta and Capel due to injuries.

GK: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Jose Manuel Reina (Liverpool)

DEF: Raul Albiol (Valencia), Alvaro Arbeloa (Liverpool), Joan Capdevila (Villarreal), Juanito (Real Betis), Carlos Marchena (Valencia), Carles Puyol (Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)

MID: Xabi Alonso (Liverpool), Santi Cazorla (Villarreal), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Xavi Hernandez (Barcelona), Juan Mata (Valencia), Albert Riera (Liverpool), Marcos Senna (Villarreal)

FW: Dani Guiza (Fenerbache), Fernando Llorente (Athletic Club), Fernando Torres (Liverpool), David Villa (Valencia)

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Raul should just retire from the NT, I mean, he scores loads of goals with Madrid and he still doesn't get picked, and the one time he isn't picked in a major tournament, Spain won it. :D

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I thought VDB should have used this friendly to give a few outsiders a chance, this is what these types of games are for

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I listened to a swedish interview with Raúl before the CL-game against Juventus. He is still dreaming of playing with the national side and win a major tournament. So sad really.

But i think VDB should choose Raúl for the NT when playing a pointless friendly like this if the Real Madrid cap would announce his retirement in a near future. He should at least getting the proper farwell from the spanish people.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lineup:

----------Casillas--------

Ramos--Puyol--Albiol--Capdevila--

------Alonso----Senna------

----Xavi--Cesc--Riera--

---------Villa-----------

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All i know is Senna and Alonso playing means that the Chile goalkeeper is going to have a very busy because he's going to be bombarded with long range shots.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
So how much goals has Villa got for Spain now?
Cant wait till he overcomes Raul.

·
Registered
265 Posts
3-0 now, Torres and Santi Cazorla with the 2nd and 3rd goals. Did the Liverpool players play well? Only just started watching.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts