Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 373 Posts

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Game is at 28th March 2009, 22:00 CET, In Madrid's Santiago Bernabeu Stadium.

Only a month away, I thought I might as well start the match thread so we can discuss all the latest developments and news.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
honestly, the way Spain are playing I am fearing a big loss, but then again we always seem to up our performance against better teams.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
The kick-off time is 22:00 CET actually, which is 23:00 TSI.

They use late kick-offs to their advantage, giving Turkey just two days to prepare (regroup?) for the ASY leg.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
the return is at ASY?! why
:D
Don't question the unquestionable.

Re: Nihat - four weeks after the knee (meniscus) operation, he's back in group training. Won't play this weekend, but will be fit next week and for the CL tie (v.RomaPanathinaikos). He can go forward from there - or backward :(. Got to hope Spanish defenders won't spoil the party.
(club official: A mini-game today and VR's A team won 5-1. Nihat scored two.)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
lol its ASY cause the TFF thinks its good luck.

Imagine playing the most important game in the WCQ in a 20,000 seater, disgrace.

They host us at the Bernabeu while we host them at crumbling ASY. Classy.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
thanks for the update. hope he recovers well for the games vs Spain, his fluency in Spanish might help us a little.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts

Imagine playing the most important game in the WCQ in a 20,000 seater, disgrace.

if i were them i'd take it as a slap in the face :D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

yea good luck my arse, remember when turkey had to play that important game against greece in euro 2008 Q. where turkey lost 1-0.
that game was a disaster, nothing was working.
SSS would have been the best place to play the game, 52,000 turks screaming at you is intimidating, remember aganst the swiss in 2006 when you couldnt even hear the swiss anthem playing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAR0j--koPA

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
I love that video... people seem to think that SSS is bad luck.

Inonu would be nice too, the atmosphere there is always amazing. ASY is a disaster stadium, it really is embarassing if the game is played there.

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
honestly, the way Spain are playing I am fearing a big loss, but then again we always seem to up our performance against better teams.
No way we'll get blown out. This isn't Fenerbahce, the players play with pure heart and would die before they handed a game over easily. Odds say we lose, but with some of the things Turkiye has pulled off in the past I wouldn't be suprised if we won. Can't wait.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
shit happens...

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
Turkey can get something out of this.
Spain will swagger out all cocky after making hard work of the England B team, and will be surprised.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I'm more confident for the away game instead of the home game. We always play bad at home (except for Swiss game) but we have made some upsets away from Turkey like the Euro 2008 games, and beating Greece and Norway in qualifications. Now that I think about it, apart from the Switzerland home leg in 2005, when have we played well at home???

1 - 20 of 373 Posts