Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,Camatcho has already chosen 12 members of the squad that will travel in Holland/Belgium for the Euro.Who will be the rest 10? remember that all of them must play at Valencia,Real,Espanyol or Atletico Madrid.We already know that Kasillas,Farinos,Angulo,Gerard and Capdevilla were chosen at the U-21 side so its not one of them.Guti and Roger Garcia are injured are injured so its not them either.Lets see:

I assume that 3 goallies (Molina,Canizares,Juanmi) and Hierro,Morientes,Raul and Mendieta and Valeron are all going to be chosen,who will be the other two? in my opinion it will be two of them:

Helguera
Ivan Campo
Aguilera
Kiko

I think that Helguera will definitely be the one.The other? Kiko is not at his best and Camatch has already chosen 4 forwards.So I think its between Aguilera and Campo.

What do you think guys?

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

D

·
0 Posts
Here's the full list that Camacho will announce on Sunday (read in Marca):

Cañizares
Molina
Casillas :)

Velasco
Abelardo
Paco
Hierro :)
Helguera :)
Sergi
Ararnzabal

Guardiola
Engonga
Mendieta
Exteberria
Fran
Munitis
Valeron
Gerard

Raùl :)
Morientes :)
Urzaiz
Alfonso :)

E VIVA ESPAÑA !!!!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be a shame if Gerard gets picked...he is overrated and definitely not good enough for Spain right now.

Besides he was picked for the U-21 side.Casillas was left out in the last moment so in all probabilities he took the nod over Juanmi.

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Iam very disapointed at Camacho. For what reason has he excluded Michel Salgado? Doesnt he want two offensive wingers or none at all?

I agree with you. Gerard is so overrated that even Milosevic would fail in comparison ;)

And having Cassilas with them would be a good thing for or keeper. Just being there during the championship would aid him!

Does anyone know more about Velasco?
And is the second CM (counting Mendieta and Etxeberria as wingers) selected? I would love to see Guerrerro,what do you think?

D

·
0 Posts
Michel Salgado not picked? Why on earth? Salgado has been the right wing-back for most of Spain's qualifiers. Why use Velasco now?

Gerard, I agree is overrated, but come on guys, he's not that bad! They should have put him in the U-21 side though together with Farinos, Jose Mari, Dorado etc. Those guys are gonna dominate the competition!

[This message has been edited by dwMB (edited 27-05-2000).]

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Here's the full Spanish Selection as is officially declared and posted in http://www.euro2000.org

The full squad:

Goalkeepers: Cañizares, Molina, Casillas

Defenders: Aranzábal, Sergi, Paco, Velasco, Abelardo, Salgado, Iván Helguera, Hierro

Midfielders: Guardiola, Engonga, Fran, Mendieta, Valerón, Gerard

Forwards: Etxeberria, Munitis, Urzaiz, Alfonso, Raúl

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I'm wondering where the hell did davag get that info from!? I mean he psted it here well before Camachos anouncement!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts