Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Niubo is pushing for this match to take place instead of the date that catalunya were to play Brasil.

What do you all think of this match?

Personally I dont think it will be sanctioned and should push for Catalunya-Euskadi but if it happens it would be possibly the biggest international friendly ever

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I hope not. It would draw too much emotions to the match. The athmosphere is good at Catalunya's matches and the people really supports the NT. But there's around 10.000 spanish flags who gets set on fire during every match and theirs usually some fights with the police. I was almost caught up in a major fight between some idiots in the row behind me and the police when I went to see the match against Brazil in 2002.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I wouldn't see bad a match against Spain. But I think it won't happen. Villar is known for being pro-PP, so they would not want. I think it would be nice, if we are able to keep the idiots (of both parts) out of the match.

I don't give any possibility to this match. The FEF, directed by the PP, wouldn't ever accept this match. They are against the Selecció de Catalunya. They'd fear a defeat so much. And this would be silly, after all, it's only a football match.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts