Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This can only mean one thing....everything is wrong at Villa

Ellis out...

start the campaign...the rumours are that he only holds one third of the shares.....

Should be easy to get him off..

Aaaaaaaaaaargh.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I'm so disgusted with Gareth...how can he call himself a Captain and treat his team and fans this way! To express the feeling that you want to move in an INTERVIEW! Before talking to the club! He makes me sick! How could he deal the fans a backhanded turn like this? :( :( :( :(

The exodus continues!

My heart is broken....my team in shambles!

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Gareth Southgate has declared he is willing to move abroad if it means achieving his ambition of winning major honours.

The Aston Villa and England defender has been linked with a move back to London, with Chelsea and Arsenal both monitoring developments, after handing in a shock transfer request on Thursday.

But the 29-year-old said: "I'm very open minded about what happens next, and I have no preference for staying at home or going abroad.

"My family are very settled in Birmingham and have been renovating our house for the past year, so it has nothing to do with wanting to go back home. The main thing is that I feel now is the right time to move on. I am very, very ambitious and feel if I do not go now I might regret it for the rest of my career.

"I have been at Villa for five years now and have got to a stage where I feel I have given everything and cannot affect things any more. I need a fresh challenge.

"This is not a spur-of-the-moment thing, I have been thinking it over for several months and have talked it through with family and friends. The ball is in the club's court now and hopefully this will give them time to sort out a replacement before the start of the season," Southgate said, in his MatchOn website column.

"I will be 30 in September and have three years to run on my contract. I know the club could get a lot more than the £2.25million they paid Palace for me. I do not want to criticise the club because I have had a great relationship with them. We have come close to winning things a couple of times, but now I want to move on," he added.

Southgate informed England coach Kevin Keegan of his decision last Wednesday evening and said: "My international ambitions are enormous and for the next month I want to be fully focused on helping England win the European Championships.

"I made that clear to Kevin and he agreed that it was best to get this issue out in the open now so I can concentrate on England.

"There is never an ideal time to announce a transfer request, but I did not want to hold it back during the summer and then go into pre-season still waiting to deal with it," he concluded.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Yeah, you sure picked a great time here Gareth! Just when Ugo's going as well! And Man Scum after our Gareth mark II!!!

Go you Judas captain!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts