1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
St Mary's Stadium
Sunday, 6 February
Kick-off: 1400 GMT

Everton striker James Beattie will face his old team but new loan signing Mikel Arteta may miss out through injury.

Steve Watson has a stomach muscle problem and Leon Osman is also likely to miss the game with a knee injury.

Midfielder Nigel Quashie hopes to make his Southampton debut after his £2.1m move from Portsmouth, having recovered from a knee injury.

Graeme Le Saux is back after six weeks out and Henri Camara and Olivier Bernard make their home debuts.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
tie the game on the last kick of the ball
how lucky.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not at our best today at all. Started off well and ended the match well, inbetween we were poor, second to every ball, couldn't string two passes together in the final third.
Bad defending for the Crouch header, though we had luck with beattie's goal after he was offside. Couldn't believe we got off with Weir's hand ball as well.
Fine goal by Bent, and in the end - very pleased to come away with a draw. Soton have themselves a deadly partnership with Crouch and Camara, so long as they carry on scoring goals - they'll avoid relegation.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
I was really dissapointed with the Everton performance. I expected a lot more out of them considering the opposition, but in the end they were poor.

I would be worried if I were an Everton supporter at the ease that Camara gave you problems. It's a good thing he can't strike a football or pass, or they could have easily beat you by two or three goals. You were also spared by a poor late decision by Crouch, a squard ball across to Camara would have wrapped the game up.

In the end, though, a great goal from Bent, but luck for the Toffees. They'll have to improve if they want to qualify for the Champions League.

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Tough luck Southampton :(

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Everton really didn't look up to par, they need someone to fill Gravesen's shoes, I don't know if Arteta is up for that tbh.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Everton seemed after they scored the goal that the match was over, and decided to play reaction defence in hopes of winning 1-0. Cahill was the only spark on the pitch. Kilbane, Mcfadden had a poor game. One thing Everton will have to address is speed in the back. Stubbs, Weir, and Pistone though are playing well just cant keep up with speed up front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts