Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not a easy place. if we are determined we can beat this team like cup final. however, will we be that determined or arrogant enough to take it easy? lets hope not!! beattie is :star: and you gotta watch out for this guy.

i am going for minimum a draw, but most likely a win.

if its a draw, it will be some 1-1, small scoreline.
if a win, i reckon it will be 4-0, 3-1 type of score line, henry leading the charge. i want man utd to slip up this week!

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
This could be a difficult match for arsenal. United just barely won yesterday, but still collected 3 points at the end of the day, so you guys have to win. If you stop Beattie, especially in setpieces you will win.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
we need to go back to our proper back four,Ralph must come back and move Kolo inside,Cygan will have nightmares trying to win in the air from Beattie,and basically that's Soton's whole game,aim for Beatties head. :tongue:

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1-0, like i said before we need more goals. however i am happy with the result as southampton are a quality side.

·
63,337 Posts
we were top class in the 1st half,the difference was frankly embarassing,however Southampton were so defensive we couldn't nail them,frankly the saints were shocking as an attacking outfit. :tongue:

best performers were Kolo,Razor and Paddy ;)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
ONE NIL TO THE ARSENAL
the more famous chant all over our history

nice victory and deserved one
of course PV4 is MOTM 2day, now he's back to his level
Freddy was very bad 2day, AW should take him out in the break
so was DB10

I think it was very clear 2day tha we want new blood
we are in a bad need to a decent STRIKER who can head the ball

and our MF 2day was good when Gilberto was benched
we must play with ONE DMF and 3 AMF
Edu and Razor is much much better to partner PV4
I can see the SPIRIT OF THE GUNNERS when RAZOR play
he fights for every ball, always wants to attack

Clichy what a lad with his 18 years
maybe he is better than AC3
our youth is our future

mmm, Toure HOW DID I forget THIS MAN
he is the best RB in the EPL now
who caould DENY
no one can open his mouth with a word

·
63,337 Posts
I also forgot to mention Titi,who was again sublime,every time he picked the ball the Soton players were like rabbits in headlights,but it's just another day for Titi Henry :cool:

Clichy is amazing for a teen,even when he lost the ball he ran like a maniac to try to clear his error,Ashley Cole will be very worried in a couple of years and it might push him to become world class.

Kolo is a freak of nature,he could play anywhere on the pitch he is that talented,he can tackle,head,pass,beat men for fun,cross,shoot,unbelievable,we should try him out in goal if Lehmann gets injured,he'd probably be MOM there as well :D

Razor and Edu are better than Gilberto ,simple,but Edu is better than Razor,it's a shame Edu doesn't get more time because i believe he could become a Brazil NT player if he did ;)

Dennis is getting old,he still does great things like the control and touch to Titi for the goal,but them things are becoming less frequent,Kanu should be given more opportunity and also Ali.

Fred was his usual self,he is passenger like unless he scores,but he almost did and then we's be saying he had a great game

but technically tonight we showed we are on a different plane to anything in the EPL,if only we could play like that all the time.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
people here in aus taking a break. i wont be able to watch any highlights what so ever until next monday :(

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
for me this game was going to be the hardest away game we have played all season

in the end my fears were not realised (thanks in part to southamptons shocking defence)

that was a really good three points to get

·
63,337 Posts
it was their attack that was shocking,hoofing aimless balls into space,only Phillips had any nous but he hardly ever got it because the midfield were completely clueless. ;)

men v boys :cool:

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Great result again and now the good news. Arsenal have played some tough road games in the early part of the season which can only help up us come Aoril and May.

The Reebok, St. Mary's, St. Andrews, The Valley and Old Trafford all extremly difficult places to get any points but Arsenal got a very respectable 9 out of 15 points.

The only real tough away fixtures left are Chelsea, Blackburn, Newcastle and Fulham.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
we've stumbled on easy teams. all fixtures are crucial

1 - 12 of 12 Posts