1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Redknapp leaves Spurs

By Neil Vaughan
Date: 4/1/2005

Spurs have agreed to allow club captain Jamie Redknapp to leave the club. The 31 year old will join his dad's struggling Southampton...

Your Location: Home > Latest News

Redknapp leaves Spurs
By Simon Yeowart for THEspursweb.com

Spurs have agreed to allow club captain Jamie Redknapp to leave the club.

The 31 year old will join his dad's struggling Southampton side on a free transfer. Redknapp who, only managed 53 first team appearences in his three years at the Lane, will have a medical at St Mary's this morning.

Jamie said he still thought he had something to offer in the Premiership and saw the south coast as his best prospect of a regular starting place: "I have enjoyed my time at Tottenham but, as the team has developed, there has been a healthy increase in competition for places and I have found myself on the bench more than on the pitch,'' he told the spurs website.

"At this stage in my career I want to be playing more so I had a chat with Frank (Arnesen), Martin (Jol) and the chairman and asked them to let me go.

"They were great about it and Martin even said when I finish playing to come and talk to him and about a coaching role."

"I could have sat on the bench at Spurs and taken my money but I know how much I want to play. I have put myself under a bit of pressure coming here but I want to have a go at it.

"I still feel good and it was a waste for me just sitting up there. Michael Carrick is playing well in midfield and I did not see myself getting back in.

"So when this chance came up, I seized it with both hands. I really think this will give me a new lease of life. It has given me a lift already and I cannot wait for tomorrow night."

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy praised Redknapp for his efforts at Tottenham.
"Jamie has been a outstanding ambassador for our club. During his time with us he has always shown commitment and enthusiasm," said Levy.

"He proved to be an excellent club captain with his positive attitude and fostering of team spirit. We would like to thank Jamie and wish him well at Southampton."

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
I'll bet he'll get some stick "Daddy's Boy", cries of neoptism will ring out :)

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
He had a good game yesterday against Fulham.

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
Interista said:
Most probably Kevin Phillip's with the way things are going.
I dont think Harry will be having that not with his Jamie-wamie playing for them now :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts