Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Spain (PKs)

Votes: 1 3.6%
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two teams that had to go all the way to advance. I have the feeling this game will be a back and forth pandemonium. IMO the most entertaining of all the Quarters.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I was insisting that Korea has maximized their potential and will never beat the Italians. I was wrong.

Its really hard to predict. Spain need to attack to win as its obvious the Koreans just never give up, and have tons of stamina to keep going and going. Should be a thriller!

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Im going with the Real Madrid Combined !! :dielaugh:

I just want Raul, Moro, Casillas and whomever Im missing from the Concha Espina Av Team..to be happy and content !!!

;)

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
could be the match of the second round, luckily for us spain weve already played a determined team and only just won so we will know what to improve on.

korea have beaten italy and portugal so we will know not to under estimate them and there manager has had experience in spain so that could be their advantage.

im hoping we will win although i like korea so if we lose i wont mind too much.

i feel there are three ways to beat korea

get physical and close them down quickly

slow the game down to a slow passing game.

simply outplay them (but probably tire by the 60 min mark)

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
EXPECT TO LOSE SPAIN!

the refs are determined

it will be south korea in the final....................:yuck:

Lav

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Lav said:
EXPECT TO LOSE SPAIN!

the refs are determined

it will be south korea in the final....................:yuck:

Lav
i dont think that the refs are on south koreas side but rather not on italys side. as for senegal i think that every big decision in there matches has been fair.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
I like senegal

and fifa wants a africa v. asia final

blatter has said many times that

so i assume seegal will get there and fifa will help out the koreans who really dont need help but get it anyways

Lav

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hope Spain wins. Depends on the referee though.

9 out of 10 times Portugal would beat Korea.

9 out of 10 times Italy would beat Korea.

Going for the third? :

9 out of 10 times Spain would beat Korea....

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Korea are a good side who are under-rated.

I love the way most of you say Korea got here wholey from the refs ;)
Korea never give in, Spain sadly do (see the Ireland game).

So i'll bet on the underdogs.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Russell said:

LOL!

How is it that we gave in in the Ireland game? A total misconception. Ireland was bailed out by the ref (it was the correct call though) and they still couldn't get a decent shot in 30 minutes playing against 10 men (+ Luis Enrique injured). Do you consider that Spain giving in?

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I think this is goodbye for Korea, but well I said the same thing before the Italy match ;).

The ball is round ...

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
the irish match was just what spain needed
now they wont take the foot of the accelerator and should win 3 nil

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
The ireland game was a test. Spain played what was probably the most determined team in the comp, even more so than the asians. By passing the test, Spain gains a WHOLE SH!TLOAD of confidence, plus a big morale boost as well. I like spain a lot, so I say Spain will go through!
Also, despite what blatter said, I remember reading somewhere that FIFA wanted a more "traditional" finalist to win, namely Brazil, Italy, Germany or Argentina. I would be OVERJOYED to see Senegal win it though, as I love the african teams.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Although Korea has done so well so far, and although they won against Italy I can't see them passing Spain.
But it has to be said, the korean fans deserve to win somekinda WC-gold just for their cheering :cool:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Magic#10 said:

9 out of 10 times Portugal would beat Korea.

9 out of 10 times Italy would beat Korea.
The way Portugal and Italy played in those two games? :wth: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Raul still doubtfull

Raul still in doubt to make the QF match! :depress:

Soccer-World-Raul misses training for third day

ULSAN, South Korea (Reuters) - Spanish striker Raul was still unable to train on Wednesday and remains doubtful for the World Cup quarter-final against South Korea on Saturday.

Raul injured his groin in Spain's second round win over Ireland on Sunday and has now been confined to the gym for the last three days.

Spanish team doctor Genaro Borras said the injury was progressing well but his presence against the co-hosts is still far from certain.

"The recovery is going well but he still hasn't got out there on the field yet," Borras told reporters.

"We haven't yet had the conversation about whether he's going to be able to play or not."

Raul, who has scored three goals during this World Cup, stepped up his work in the gym on Wednesday, testing out the muscle for the first time with stretching exercies.

"The muscle responded well but we won't know until he gets on the field," Borras said. "I think that'll have to be tomorrow because the squad will travel for the game on Friday.

"We're optimistic, but moderately so. I'm sorry that I can't be more definite but at the moment it's impossible to say whether he'll be there or not."

David Albelda, who was taken to hospital when one of his testicles became inflamed in the Ireland game, is not expected to be back for the South Korea game but the rest of Spain's walking wounded are all doing well.

Luis Enrique, Ruben Baraja and Fernando Morientes will all recover from minor knocks in time, Borras said.

"As for Albelda, there's no real treatment," Borras added. "We just have to wait until he gets over the worries he has about the problem."

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
I think Korea wil win this one.

SPain just look as though they will choke. The pressure of the fans and the running will kill Spain.... Ireland almost did, now Korea will finish them!

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Russell said:

So i'll bet on the underdogs.

Spain gave up in the extra time (as you put it) because they we're playing with 2 less men. Albelda was injured and Luis Enrique was limping around the field. Besides, Camacho took off Raul cause he was injured also. That's why they we're sitting back and defending. I thought that was pretty evident from watching the game. Apparently it wasn't for you.

Back to the Spain and Korea game, I believe Spain will win. We have an advantage that Italy and Portugal didn't have is that everyone knows how dangerous Korea is. So, the Spaniards will play alot smarter against them than Italy did. Also, as many pointed out we just played probably the toughest match of the WC the other day, and won. This will give Spain confidence and the mental preparation to beat Korea.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
I think Korea wil win this one.

SPain just look as though they will choke. The pressure of the fans and the running will kill Spain.... Ireland almost did, now Korea will finish them!
Look like they will choke?????
Spain have been playing as well as Brazil. Against Ireland, Spain played very well and had many chances to further the lead during the regular time. We we're playing the entire extratime one man short (two, if you count Luis Enrique, who was limping and couldn't sub off). We still managed to take the game to penalties and win. How is that looking like we we're going to choke??? The old Spain would have choked and lost in the penalty shootout, but we didn't. You shouldn't talk Za De Fiel, you guys needed help from the ref to get past Belgium! The goal by Belgium was clearly valid and should have counted. That means it should have been 1-0 for Belguim at half-time and from there the game could have gone either way. Must be nice to always be favoured by Fifa.
Your real test will be on Friday, when England knock you Samba boys home. From what I've seen of Brazil's defence, if they had to have defended against Ireland longballs an entire game, you guys might have been the ones choking!

1 - 20 of 140 Posts