Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Straight forward question: what is South America's biggest club?
Biggest in terms of tradition, continuity in winning, titles and honours won, number of supporters and fan clubs and champions/stars produced.

Ze claims that it's Timão (Corinthians) while I was always under the impression that Mengão (Flamengo) had the biggest number of fans in Brasil and one of the biggest in the world. Now, in the other thread dedicated to Tevez, others are saying that the biggest club in SA is Boca. So what's the scoop?:stress:

Cheers.;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weren't you always claiming back then that you guys had the most fans in Brasil and since Brasil is the biggest country in SA, I assumed it would be also the most supported team in SA. My bad if my assumption was wrong...:embarass:

Cheers.;)

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Once Caldas :star:

Signed;

ilovecolombia :howler:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
São Paulo FC!!

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I'd say Boca are probably the most well known SA club. Don't know if that makes them the biggest though.

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
Boca,Sao Paulo,Corinthians,River,Indepediende,Flamengo..i think all these are equal

All these are HUGE football clubs that have nothing less than major European clubs in my eyes

Boca is the most hyped though,i think it has a lot to do with Diego Maradona and La Bombonera

I think if we're talking about academies and players produced though,only Ajax can be cimpared with River Plate

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Last decade titles wise I´d say Boca, it depends much on the decade as well.

Producing/Revealing players than River/São Paulo would be ahead this past decade, while Corinthians ahuhauhuahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahuhuahuahuahuahuhuahuahahuahua

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Deportivo Tachira, Venezuela !!!! :dielaugh:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Arsenal La Pintana from Santiago :D

has anyone ever heard of them ? they are great :shades:

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
The Rossoneri (albeit horizontal strips :tongue: ) & also the most supported club in Brasil!

FLAMENGO

1 - 20 of 72 Posts