Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 387 Posts

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

All kicks off this Sunday with Argentina v Uruguay followed by Peru the hosts v Chile. The top four teams in the final group stage will qualify for the U20 World Cup later in the year in Colombia.

Neymar has been selected for the Brazil team so all eyes will be on him, a couple of River Plate players were not allowed to join the Argentina squad, Lamela among them which is a disappointment. Also there were doubts about the participation of James Rodriguez of Porto for Colombia, but there will be so many interesting and talented players as ever in this tournament that there will be more than enough to hold the interest.

One of the best youth tournaments around. Enjoy.

Suggested players to watch from Goal.Com

http://www.goal.com/en/news/2526/goalcom-talent-search/2011/01/11/2300825/goalcom-special-ten-prodigies-to-watch-at-the-south-american

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
2 out of Argentina's 3 best U-20 fellas not selected (Lamela and Lanzini), not to forget Perreyra. Araujo probably the remaining "big name" player.

Let's see how the ultra-hyped Iturbe does.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Brazil is sending out a preety awesome side with quite the Brasilerao experience... should be able to win it with ease imo.

Can't wait for the games to start.. share streams please fellas... was hard to find any the last time.

Other then Neymar you have the talented Sao Paulo attacking midfielder Marcenlinho(I think he'll be named Lucas though as he asked to call him by his real name), a quick small tricky number 10 with great vision and speed, got a great fast dribble and a great shot.. considered the 2nd best and proven player on the team imo bar Neymar.

In the central and defensive midfield my guess is you'll have Fernando from Gremio whos sorta like the Elias/Ramires type, a 50-50 small and thin midfielder with alot of energy and hustle, can tackle and win balls in the midfield but can also score and has alot of abilitis with the ball pushing forward and a great shot in him.

the defensive midfielder is Casemiro from Sao Paulo, I really liked what I saw from him(the first time I saw him he shut Neymar down in his Brasilerao debut) he's strong, big, can win the ball with ease and can mark anyone on the pitch.. very calm and promising player, this guy has a bright future ahead of him... a boss in the midfield.

Theres more guys, like Alex Sandro the LB(has some similaritis to Bale cause he's just so fast and preety strong+not a hit defensivly.. he's just great with the ball in his feet on that flank.) and together with him theres Gabriel Silva from Palmeiras, another LB who I think will have a VERY bright future.. might even take Alex Sandro starting role but I doubt it.

hKDGD01vzVY
Thats Alex Sandro goal from last year against Cruziero

Alan Patrick from Santos, a goalscoring AM, also a quite experienced player compared to the guys in the tournament, should take over Ganso once he leaves... has alot of promise and should be the next big thing after Ganso and Neymar comming from Santos.

The one to the left

In the defence probebly will be Juan from International, he's been preety good at the start of last year but didn't get too many chances after it.. tall strong and fast defender.. should be the heart of the defence(well cause I don't know much of the other guys)

Diego Mauricio will probebly start as the '9', and my bet is he'll have the most goals in this tournement... he's just a beast.. strong and fast '9' striker who can also dribble.. next year he's gonna make headlines if he gets the start, with Thiago Neves and Ronaldinho providing for him.

On Saimon from Gremio I hear alot of good things, didn't quite get to see him though(Maybe Luz can help out here)... GK I havn't seen either of them so I have no idea.

A guy I heard alot about but didn't get to see is Oscar.. should be a really exciting talent.. grew up in Sao Paulo but moved to International.. from whats talked about him he's a tall athletic AM with alot of inteligent in his game, kinda reminds of Kaka - so i'm looking forward to see him play.

Thats more or less the guys i'd look after(yea I know it's almost the entire team :D) but still lets say Lucas, Neymar, Fernando, Diego Mauricio, Casemiro and Juan will be the spine of this team i'd say.

·
Registered
44,343 Posts
I can't wait, love watching this tournament.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
From Argentina, the fellas to watch out are:

Sergio Araujo, the Boca player best as a support striker. Biggest name.

Funes Mori: Overrated, but still not a bad player.

Pezzella: The center back, River's best upcoming defender.

Cirigliano and Zuculini: This midfield pair will be exciting to watch. Bruno Zuculini is only 17 while Cirigliano is 18. Both have already made their debut for their respective teams (River and Racing)

Mauro Diaz: As his club teammates (Lamela and Lanzini) won't be there, Mauro will be the team's number 10, the playmaker. An old-fashioned playmaker, isn't too fast, but has a fine footballing brain, vision and passing accuracy.

Michael Hoyos: Aged 19. Plays for Estudiantes. Can play as a support forward or an attacking mid. American born. Haven't watched much of him to really add more.

Iturbe: 17 year old, the original "new Messi". "stole" from Paraguay. Was part of Diego's preliminary squad for WC 2010. Tells you about the expectation this fella has.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Thanks Ze!

Which of those sites usually airs the Cophina games btw(aswell as the u-20 tourny)? should be PFC right? or SportTV?

Tomorrow at 22:00 CET it's Argentina VS Uruguay, it's in the 2nd link Ze kindly gave, be sure to tune in!

Here's the wikipedia page.

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campeonato_Sudamericano_Sub-20_de_2011#Fechas_y_resultados

The time is +7 hour diffrence.

Brazil games will be(correct me about the CET or w/e i'm not positive)

Brasil vs. Paraguay - In the 17th @04:10 CET

Colombia vs. Brasil - In the 20th @04:10 CET

Brasil vs. Bolivia - In the 23rd @18:30 CET

Ecuador vs. Brasil - In the 25th @04:10 CET

Argentina games will be

Argentina vs. Uruguay - In the 16th @22:00 CET

Peru vs. Argentina - In the 19th @00:30 CET

Argentina vs. Venezuela - In the 22nd @22:00 CET

Chile vs. Argentina - In the 24th @01:00 CET

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Btw are you guys sure James is gonna play for Colombia? don't think he's with the side.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Argie 1-0 down to Uruguay...if Argentina fail once again, I can't imagine its repercussions on River and Passarella..

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Diario da tv should have.... click on espn, sportv or PFC...

or click on top of the page " Futebol Ao Vivo" they ahve all the footie streams

Copinha games can be boring... unless the finals or a big derby game from a sao paulo team.

However they are very good for new up and coming players. It is the big trial of brazilian football were many players have been discovered.

Players like: Falcao, Casagrande, Muller, Edu, Kaka, Adriano, Jardel, have all played in.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
fine goal by Hoyos after great dribbling by Iturbe...1-1 now...that's what happens when that overrated boy Funes Mori doesn't touch the ball.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Michael Hoyos, 19 years old. American born. I wasn't sold on him, but is having a fine game today. Best player for Argentina (till Irurbe came in...man this kid looks good!).

·
Registered
44,343 Posts
Uruguay were unlucky, they could've and should've had a point here, though it has to be said, great fightback by the Argentinians.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pretty average game overall. Argentina improved in the second half, they couldn't get any worse really and they just about deserved the win for their much better performance in the second period with the introduction of Iturbe. Uruguay only came back into the match in the last 10 minutes or so.

Iturbe obviously the stand out player in the match with his runs and the way he livened up the Argie attack.

Not really any stand out players for Uruguay in this game. They look far less talented than the Uruguay 2009 edition.

1 - 20 of 387 Posts