Xtratime Community banner

Who is the South American Player of the Year????

• Tevez (Boca)

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Luis Fabiano (Sao Paulo)

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Robinho (Santos)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alex (Cruzeiro)

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Coudet (River)

• Diego (Santos

• Bataglia (Boca Juniors)

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Vasquez (America/Newell's)

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
where's Alberto Acosta? (from san lorenzo de almagro)..this was his last year of his career and he did an amazing year..lots of goals in argentina considering he was compiting with palyers 17 years younger..this was his year

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
I would say Tevez specially because of his performance in the Libertadores with only 19, I didn't see a single match of Alex, so I don't know. Battaglia great but you have to be Redondo, Junior or Mauro Silva to win in that position. Fabiano the only match I saw of him was against River and I can't judge him , specially for what he made in that match. Coudet?? first half of the year really good but the other half River fans insult him many times. Vazquez good year, not the best player. Robhino against a real defense (Boca): nothing, but lots of future I hope, I love this kind of players, he was to young and inexperience. Diego a very good player but again against Boca not too much. I'm a bit anoying with the Boca thing, I know, but it is because this year Bianchi displays a very defensive team that was an excellent proove to see how strikers and creative midfielders arrange against it, the better proof that they were practically a wall: Sheva he was vanished by Boca's defense, and Sheva is an awesome player. Is Cardozo nominatted? he deserves it. who was the last winner?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
i think julio garcia from cienciano deserves to be on the list he outshone diego and robinho when santos played cienciano

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
1. Tevez
2. Alex
3. Vazquez

Tevez is the most obvious choise. I like Alex, but to win this kind of prie you need to peform in Copa Libertadores. I chose Vazquez just because of his peformences in that tournament.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"Chacho" Coudet is the right midfielder for River, after a sting in Spain. He has been a steady performer for the "Gallinas"

Vazquez was one of the leading scorers in last years Libertadores with America de Cali, then he got transferred to Newells of Argentina where he ended up as one of the leading scorers in the Argie championship.

·
Registered
37 Posts
why robinho in this List?

he is the most over rated player In suramerica today

No one from ecuador? That kid salas, where was he last year, I think he is LDUQ and alex aguinaga.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Salas was player of the year in Ecuador in 2003. But since LDUQ did not participate in the Libertadores and was eliminated early in the Sudamericana, so I did not consider him for this poll. He has gotten a good start this year with the U23s and Libertadores.;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts