Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read that Paulo Sousa is going to Greece to play for Panathanaikos. What gives? Why go to Greece? I'm sure they can play some, but they'll never win anything. With all the money Sporting is throwing around why didn't we think of bringing him home? Seems to me he's wasting his time.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Yeah i thought maybe we would get him if Vidigal leaves , but either Vidigal is not leaving or Sporting really want to go for Nicky Butt , but i hope thats bullsh1t rumours.
I hate Man u and their players but ive grown to like Schmeical.I believe though there are many better players than Butt especially when the report says we want to make an offer of 5 million pounds.If we need him than why the hell did we sell Duscher , Duscher with Delfim will be the best Midfielders in the world in 3-5 years.
Watch and see.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The difference is Duscher is worth 15-17 million and Butt can be had for 5. It's a 12 million profit. I want to see Duscher stay, but he won't for long if at all. He's using Sporting as a stop to bigger pay days in the Serie A or Primera in Spain (like Jardel etc..). I can't fault him for that, but I'd still prefer him to stay. If Butt can play then it is a good business decision. I just hope team chemistry won't suffer. If we sell too many and sign too many new ones then we're going to be starting over with a brand new team. That is no good and will kill us in the CL and in the league.

·
Registered
964 Posts
The difference is Duscher is better than Butt and has more potential of getting better than Butt.
Duscher is the kind of player you want in the CL not Buttox

·
Registered
964 Posts
Deportivo La Corunha i dont know if he has signed yet but he will soon i hope we get Pauleta and cash for Duscher .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts